Aeresco AAC Interview

Harry

Q: Whats the latest on the conferences bowl agreements? Any chance for the American to play a bowl in Texas?

A: Were definitely in the mix for one of the bowls in Dallas/Fort Worth.

Armed Forces Bowl? Did the MWC not want to keep this bowl?

Were looking at the Liberty Bowl, which has the Big 12 on one side. I think well be playing the Big 12 in a couple of our bowls.

I thought the Big 12 had finalized their bowl line-up.

Were looking at renewing our games in Birmingham, Ala. (BBVA Compass Bowl), St. Petersburg, Fla. (Beef O Bradys Bowl) and possibly having our teams go to Hawaii a few times.

Are we out of the Hawaii Bowl? Moving to a rotation?

Were also looking at some other bowls. And were definitely serious about starting our own bowl and have looked at the South Florida market.

Is their room for our Florida bowl in Boca and theirs?

Well have a wide range of good opponents and good locations. I think well be playing the Southeastern Conference, the Big 12, Atlantic Coast Conference and were looking at games possibly involving a Pac-12 team

Read more: http://blog.chron.com/cougars/2013/06/qa-with-american-athletic-conference-commissioner-mike-aresco/

As far as I know and heard, we will be retaining a good portion of our tie-ins and will be taking a lot of tie-ins from CUSA as well. There has also been discussions about sending our #5 or 6 to play the Sun Belt's #1 in the New Orleans Bowl.

A lot hasn't been set in stone yet.

Edited by Cougar King

As far as I know and heard, we will be retaining a good portion of our tie-ins and will be taking a lot of tie-ins from CUSA as well. There has also been discussions about sending our #5 or 6 to play the Sun Belt's #1 in the New Orleans Bowl.

A lot hasn't been set in stone yet.

Lol. I doubt the AAC is even strong enough to have 5 or 6 bowl eligible teams.

• Upvote 1

Everything Aresco has said since he has been commissioner has been false. At this point I don't think one single P5 team has an agreement to play a bowl against the AAC. This is the same guy that asked for $300 million per year from media outlets, was laughed out of the room and then ends up taking a paltry $20 million per year.