Video Archive-Winning UNT FB Even Got Noisy At Fouts Field!

Remember the 2002 North Texas vs. New Mexico State game at Fouts Field for the Sun Belt Conference championship? The best game I saw at Fouts Field during any era, too!

I cannot remember a game (ever) at Fouts Field when our crowd was so into the game and this was a game that went back and forth till the end; it was a real nail-biter of a college football game.

I have the official 2002 North Texas "Champions" DVD and wish I knew how to take some other highlight plays from that NMSU Aggie game and somehow put them on YouTube.

Below is just 1 YouTube play from that game featuring BOOGER KENNEDY & COMPANY!

The one I cannot find on YouTube was a defensive series in the 2'nd half with the entire Fouts Field crowd chanting.........DEFENSE (stomp-stomp)! DEFENSE (stomp-stomp)! DEFENSE (stomp-stomp)!..............and when Mean Green LB Cody Spencer takes out the NMSU Aggie QB, he, the team and the crowd at Fouts Field go absolutely nuts! I will give this DVD video to any of you who can put that one play of Cody Spencer on YouTube for Mean Green football posterity

MEANWHILE........... HERE IN THE BELOW YOUTUBE VIDEO IS THE GREAT BOOGER KENNEDY DURING THAT NORTH TEXAS/NEW MEXICO STATE GAME OF 2002....and just a hint of how much the crowd at Fouts Field really helped the team in green toward a conference championship that night plus a trip to the NO's Bowl versus the Cincinatti Bearcats and.............a Mean Green bowl win!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Man that was an AWESOME game!!! By far the best game I've ever been a part of.

It does make me think how loud that game would have been in Apogee???

Man I loved those bowl years!!!

I'm with ya' on that, Big Dawg! It was since 1973 till the present...the best game I ever saw as a UNT student or alum on campus. I only wish Darrell Dickey has just kept recruiting on a yearly basis as well as he did one of his first years at UNT when he pulled in almost 10 Texas State Top 100 HS football players from Dave Campbell's list--and that was with Fouts Field as our football stadium, folks.

Just watching even a bit over 30 seconds of that video got me so fired up last night (and even now) it just makes me want to see this Fall's team do as well and create as much as excitement. Never saw a Mean Green crowd so into a game as that one!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen