When do we start winning the bigger recruiting battles?

emmitt01

You have a hard time with reading comprehension don't you. You also have an issue with brevity. My point was that it is not as bad as some people are making it out to be, sure we need to improve, the goal should be to improve every year, it is 7 months until signing day so let's see what happens before we panic. Also, we cry over lost two star prospects to other schools, but complain that they sign with us and aren't three stars.

What tires me is the constant negativity and the always looking for the turd in the punchbowl attitude. We could sign a Top 10 class and some would complain it wasn't a Top 5.

• Upvote 1

Rivals, scout, 247, and espn provide good coverage of recruiting, but unless you are a top prospect, they are not going to be up to date.

They still rely on recruits and writers to get info for them. Kidsy had offers. (actual, and not phantom just because rivals did not list them) and its obvious that offers goes into the star ratings for rivals. Kidsy went on official (paid by the school) visits to big 10 schools and he was offered. If rivals does not have the schools right, how can they get the star rating right?

Im not knocking rivals or any other site because I look at them when looking at talent too. I just know that if you come on late your senior season and there is no hype your junior year, these site wont know much about you. If you dont attend camps, they wont know much. The last two Weeks there is a lot of movement and last minute offers, and they cant keep up with all of it at the end. The sites are only good for early info.

I can only speak for the ones I know in the greater Houston area. That is kidsy, Davis, and walker. I have seen them play and kept up with their recruiting. They had better schools in better conferences, with better records contacting them right until the very end. UNT won those battles for them. They were 1st team all district 23-5A selections, in a district full of d1 talent, and made top teams in Vype, Txhighschool football, and chronicle.

• Upvote 1

Let me give an example of how the recruiting sites work.... we once landed a player who had an offer from Oklahoma State...basically he had family here and wanted to stay close to them. The Oklahoma State Coach, when he found out said he was removing his offer to the kid. He did this because he did not want to be listed as offering a kid that committed to North Texas. Secondly, when the scout and rivals sites list offers remember they are selling subscriptions to their followers. So if a Texas State site hears that the kid was interested in North Texas he can take the next step of listing that North Texas offered or the kid can say he had an offer from North Texas when it was an offer back six months ago that was removed.. there is no audit function for offers it is very subjective data... I don't begrudge these sites, they are in the business of selling recruiting information. My problem is when we have fans who take the information contained in these sites as the gospel.. it is not. Frankly, with the advent of twitter and facebook you are starting to see more breaking news there (in particular twitter) than you are anywhere else.