CUSA Branding (Style Guide)

MeanGreen61

RV will never allow UNT. Jackson embraces UNT and my guess he would love to have it on the helmet. Helwig wanted us to be the ultra generic Eagles.

I give RV all the credit in the world for reinforcing and reestablishing Mean Green ... under Geleig we almost lost it. How sad if Tulane or someone had taken that from us!

That was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. So officially no UNT then. North Texas or NT. Do I sense a helmet conversation brewing?

I also noticed that. Does any say I went "NT"? I've always said I went UNT and I like to refer it to UNT rather than North Texas because than people still think North Texas

State....... Hopefully soon we will be able to refer to ourselves as C-USA champs and not worry about NT or UNT.

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 1

I also noticed that. Does any say I went "NT"? I've always said I went UNT and I like to refer it to UNT rather than North Texas because than people still think North Texas

State....... Hopefully soon we will be able to refer to ourselves as C-USA champs and not worry about NT or UNT.

Every time I say UNT people say "Oh I love Austin" or something similar. Perhaps because I have a lazy way of speaking. So I say "North Texas", which is much more difficult to mistake -- and I think that's what the athletic department realizes.

State.......

If I am within 100 miles or so of Denton, I might say "UNT" . . . Otherwise, I always say "North Texas," since nobody outside that range has any idea of what "UNT" is.

And if they think "North Texas State," that's okay . . . At least they know what school I'm talking about.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

RV will never allow UNT. Jackson embraces UNT and my guess he would love to have it on the helmet. Helwig wanted us to be the ultra generic Eagles.

I give RV all the credit in the world for reinforcing and reestablishing Mean Green ... under Geleig we almost lost it. How sad if Tulane or someone had taken that from us!

Today RV said Mean Green has been listed in the top ten of most recognized team names by a prominent publication just this week. As for anyone who says NTSU, they are either old or stupid as we have been UNT for nearly a quarter of a century.

• Upvote 1

I say "North Texas" as well. The letters, while much different than those that they are confused with, don't convey the sense of individuality that the words do. I like saying, "I went to North Texas". I feel like it is easier to isolate my school that way than by asking the ignorant masses to separate us from the overabundance of directional satellite institutions out there. North Texas sounds proud to me.

• Upvote 2