GMG Traffic

DeepGreen

Harry, I notice the numbers showing the message board traffic count at bottom of the page . Example: 297 users in the past 250 minutes. Has there been a noticeable jump in board traffic since moving to CUSA?

Not sure where this topic should be, so by all means move it to the appropriate location.

Traffic is on the upswing and I would think C-USA is a piece of that. I think starting with the new stadium and then with the Tony Mitchell era we saw a significant jump in traffic. I think C-USA will help as well and I also think baseball will help us in the traditionally slow spring dead period (other than spring football). The biggest impact is winning...we have a lot of lurkers who will come out from the shadows once they have a program they can be proud of and excited about again. You can help us by telling UNT friends and family about us, send them a link and let them know where we are. Once they get here they typically get hooked and I think we have a better chance of getting them to get more involved in the program.

gmg

Traffic is on the upswing and I would think C-USA is a piece of that. I think starting with the new stadium and then with the Tony Mitchell era we saw a significant jump in traffic. I think C-USA will help as well and I also think baseball will help us in the traditionally slow spring dead period (other than spring football). The biggest impact is winning...we have a lot of lurkers who will come out from the shadows once they have a program they can be proud of and excited about again. You can help us by telling UNT friends and family about us, send them a link and let them know where we are. Once they get here they typically get hooked and I think we have a better chance of getting them to get more involved in the program.

gmg

I noticed in the denton paper this week there was an article about a former men's soccer player who left UNT when the program was dropped due to Title Nine . Do you think another mens program will be dropped when Baseball is added ? Or, do you think another womens program will be added ?

• Upvote 1

I noticed in the denton paper this week there was an article about a former men's soccer player who left UNT when the program was dropped due to Title Nine . Do you think another mens program will be dropped when Baseball is added ? Or, do you think another womens program will be added ?

I sure hope not. From what I have heard it wouldn't be dropped for title 9 but could be for budgetary reasons. I think they are in good shape in regards to title 9...

As i have stated on here before, if they intent to field a baseball team in 2015 the hiring of coaches would have to take place pretty soon (like this summer). So I am hoping we hear something definitive on that soon.

Add women's beach volleyball.

• Upvote 3

I sure hope not. From what I have heard it wouldn't be dropped for title 9 but could be for budgetary reasons. I think they are in good shape in regards to title 9...

As i have stated on here before, if they intent to field a baseball team in 2015 the hiring of coaches would have to take place pretty soon (like this summer). So I am hoping we hear something definitive on that soon.

Sports like Women's Beach Volleyball and Bowling have been discussed as possible additions to counter adding a men's Baseball program.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

I had also heard that bowling and/or beach volleyball would be considered. The plus about bowling is that there is no travel costs involved. Each team bowls its games on its home lanes and sends in the scores. That cuts the costs for that sport WAY down.

• Upvote 1

There was a post on here a week or so ago regarding Men's Track and Field, but I would find this odd with the renovations scheduled for Fouts.

• Upvote 1

Harry, I notice the numbers showing the message board traffic count at bottom of the page . Example: 297 users in the past 250 minutes. Has there been a noticeable jump in board traffic since moving to CUSA?

Not sure where this topic should be, so by all means move it to the appropriate location.

DG, I check all that out, too, from time to time and saw almost 400 "the last 250 minutes" a few weeks ago.

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Add women's beach volleyball.

I've been saying that since I met some of the ladies from the volleyball team my freshman year.

I had also heard that bowling and/or beach volleyball would be considered. The plus about bowling is that there is no travel costs involved. Each team bowls its games on its home lanes and sends in the scores. That cuts the costs for that sport WAY down.

And I'm sure there would be tons of fans watching. Seriously, though...the mere mention of beach volleyball gets instant offers to buy season tickets...I would think that we might be able to make up some of the travel costs that way, unless the idea is derailed for being misogynistic at its core.

But hey, I went to some women's B-ball and V-ball games with gay guys who tend to shy away from the men's sporting events just because they were concerned that the "jock/fan" attitude might not feel very welcome to them, and they had fun every time. So if anyone labels us sexist or misogynist for considering it, maybe we could conduct a study or research poll about the attitudes of gay men towards men's and women's sports. If the research shows that more gay men are interested in cheering at a beach volleyball game than at, say, a football or baseball game, then there you have it, women's sporting events appeal to not just women and straight men, but also to men who aren't attracted to women, so it's not sexist, and might actually appeal to more demographics in an untapped fanbase.

Yes, I know that's probably the weirdest idea ever. But whatever...it makes sense in a way that turns normal reasoning on its head, so obviously it had to come from me.