Zach Orr

Zach Orr highlight video...

I hadn't seen this posted. I like the highlight videos, but have they run so out of music to use that they've resulted in this? The music had to be edited so much that it's distracting from the video. I think you'd be in for a very quick buzz if you turned this into a drinking game. Take a shot each time you hear a word edited out of the music.

• Upvote 3

It's a recruiting tool folks.

Teens listen to this music so playing Neil diamond or earth wind & fire isn't going to keep the HS kid interested or keep watching.

Especially if there is no music.

So far these videos from the athletic dept have been gold and already been featured on multiple websites including ESPN.

The song is edited so what is the big deal?

There is far worse on the local news than this highlight reel to help recruiting.

Rant over, GMG!

Edited by LakeTravis
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Zach's my boy (going to have to start up the player adoption thread again sometime), but I agree with the criticism of the Rick Ross track. So many to choose from... and if he just really needed that one, I bet an instrumental is available.

IMO, he should have stuck with the got 5 on it instrumental throughout. One of the best hip-hop beats ever.

• Upvote 1

Badass video but I agree about the music. I am also pretty sure one of the lines on the song goes something like "marijuana imported." If this is an official NT video, that music needs to be changed now. Unacceptable.

It was uploaded by NTVideoDept: http://www.youtube.com/user/NTFootballVideo

However, I'm willing to cut these guys a little slack. I just found all the edits distracting and I would think even recruits, whether they like the song or not, might be distracted too. All that said, I like all the videos coming out of these guys and the NT video department, but maybe they should keep the cameras on the players...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqeHPPde0xU

:pic:

:jig:

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

It's a recruiting tool folks.

Teens listen to this music so playing Neil diamond or earth wind & fire isn't going to keep the HS kid interested or keep watching.

Especially if there is no music.

So far these videos from the athletic dept have been gold and already been featured on multiple websites including ESPN.

The song is edited so what is the big deal?

There is far worse on the local news than this highlight reel to help recruiting.

Rant over, GMG!

Preach it!