Rally House Observations

3XL

For those who care nothing about design & marketing..please turn away now.

While recently shopping for a gift at Rally House in Fort Worth...I made a disturbing observation. UTA had at least twice as much spirit gear as North Texas. UTA had apx 8 shirt selections, cups & license plate frames...NT only had 4 poorly designed t-shirts....not even a koozie or key chain.

Anyone who shops these stores, know the big public colleges are very well represented...Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, OSU, Tech, Arkansas....then the regional privates...TCU, Baylor and SMU. Understandably lots of TCU in cowtown...it's the home team.

I was really amazed at the amount of well designed Baylor gear...40 shirts, 20 hats & so on...wow what a difference RGIII and a couple winning seasons in football does to increase sales....also see A&M.

The (4) North Texas shirts looked pretty crappy...crazy striped fonts...and extra large logos...looked more appropriate for an Arena Football League team than any college team. Give me a simple collegiate font with MEAN GREEN across the chest in white on plain green t -shirt...that would work.

"Good Design is Good Business" & "winning is good for business"

Long story short...we have to start winning in "football"...punch somebody in the gut and upset them...we need some swagger again...it's been too long...it's time!

GMG!

3XL

• Upvote 3

For those who care nothing about design & marketing..please turn away now.

While recently shopping for a gift at Rally House in Fort Worth...I made a disturbing observation. UTA had at least twice as much spirit gear as North Texas. UTA had apx 8 shirt selections, cups & license plate frames...NT only had 4 poorly designed t-shirts....not even a koozie or key chain.

Anyone who shops these stores, know the big public colleges are very well represented...Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, OSU, Tech, Arkansas....then the regional privates...TCU, Baylor and SMU. Understandably lots of TCU in cowtown...it's the home team.

I was really amazed at the amount of well designed Baylor gear...40 shirts, 20 hats & so on...wow what a difference RGIII and a couple winning seasons in football does to increase sales....also see A&M.

The (4) North Texas shirts looked pretty crappy...crazy striped fonts...and extra large logos...looked more appropriate for an Arena Football League team than any college team. Give me a simple collegiate font with MEAN GREEN across the chest in white on plain green t -shirt...that would work.

"Good Design is Good Business" & "winning is good for business"

Long story short...we have to start winning in "football"...punch somebody in the gut and upset them...we need some swagger again...it's been too long...it's time!

GMG!

3XL

Strange, the one in Arlington had more than uta and more than 3-4 shirts and tons of key chains car decals, lawn stuff and flags.

Little off topic, but when I lived in Mansfield, I went to the Rally House in Arlington and they had those university stones for every other school but North Texas. I actually ended up running into the guy who made them about a month or so ago at a festival and he does make North Texas painted rocks. If interested you can visit his website below. A little expensive, but cool.

http://sportsstones.com/Home_Page.php

• Upvote 1

Little off topic, but when I lived in Mansfield, I went to the Rally House in Arlington and they had those university stones for every other school but North Texas. I actually ended up running into the guy who made them about a month or so ago at a festival and he does make North Texas painted rocks. If interested you can visit his website below. A little expensive, but cool.

http://sportsstones.com/Home_Page.php

Again, was there 2 weeks ago and the had a ton of those stones with north texas all over them.

I've had this theory for quite awhile as to why North Texas seems to get the short end of the stick with the College Licensing Company as far as its Mean Green sports merchandising in places and for our school a dearth of such products where schools like Slippery State, Grambling, Towson State, U of Buffalo have even had merchandise in places you'd least expect it....like various areas in the state of Texas?

Read the link below and just check out the man who actually started "College Licensing Company" as a business and what part North Texas played in his career as a head football and even what influence our school had on his having a last stop as an NCAA D1 head football coach. Conspiracy here? Oh, probably not, but hell hath no fury as a person who (perhaps) for a lifetime may have had the propensity to carry a grudge toward someone or some school who had a negative affect on a prior career.

http://www.clc.com/About-CLC.aspx

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2