Televised games-questions about details for anyone who knows

First of all, I thought we were only going to have 5 televised games, but the most recent update I've seen shows 6:

9/14 Ball State TBA Fox Sports

10/5 Tulane 2:30 TBA

10/19 La Tech 3:00 CBS

10/31 Rice 6:30 Fox Sports

11/9 UTEP TBA CSS

11/30 Tulsa TBA Fox Sports

...is this right? We're at 6 now? I also heard a rumor that Georgia might be televised but nothing certain yet.

Also, what is CSS? I'm going to be scheduling events all over Arizona to watch the games and if we're going to find a location I need to know if the location carries the station that is airing the game. I'm not a very big TV nerd so I'm not "in the know" about anything other than basic cable.

I'd like to be in Tucson for the UTEP game, so if anyone here knows of a great location in Tucson for hosting a watch party let me know. I've never been to Flagstaff either and might have an event there, so same thing - let me know if there's somewhere in Flagstaff if you've traveled there before.

I think that's it for now, thanks for any info you guys might have.

CSS (Charter/Comcast Sports Southeast) is not available on satellite providers. As the name suggests, it is primarily available through Comcast or Charter. In non-CSS regions the broadcast will be available with an online All-Access subscription.

The games currently labeled as Fox Sports could be broadcast on FS1, FS2, or any number of regional networks.

• Upvote 2

CSS (Charter/Comcast Sports Southeast) is not available on satellite providers. As the name suggests, it is primarily available through Comcast or Charter. In non-CSS regions the broadcast will be available with an online All-Access subscription.

The games currently labeled as Fox Sports could be broadcast on FS1, FS2, or any number of regional networks.

Again something I have no clue about, so I would like to know...is there a way for the online All-Access subscriptions to be hooked into TVs at, say, sports bars? I know lots of people have the ability to use TVs or projectors to watch their online stuff, but is that something that is frequently done by businesses as well?

Guys, are we sure that the Tulane game will be on TV ? I have not seen that information listed anywhere and the UNT athletic department web site does not show it as one that will be televised.

The latest info on the fbschedules.com website shows it at 2:30 pm CST with the station/carrier TBA.

Again something I have no clue about, so I would like to know...is there a way for the online All-Access subscriptions to be hooked into TVs at, say, sports bars? I know lots of people have the ability to use TVs or projectors to watch their online stuff, but is that something that is frequently done by businesses as well?

It should be easy enough to set up. I don't see anything on the site that says whether or not broadcasting in public places is allowed, Honestly though, the quality is usually not that great. It's produced by each member school so quality varies greatly. I know the UAB basketball games come directly from the video board with an out of sync radio feed attached to it. Our football games have one press box camera and an end zone camera; both decidedly not hi-def. .

• Upvote 1