Ranking Every College Teams Fan Base By Loyalty

If these guys knew how many fans actually showed up at most SMU games, perhaps they would not rank them ahead of us, but I doubt it. It seems that the only publication that has ever showed us any respect is PLAYBOY.

If these guys knew how many fans actually showed up at most SMU games, perhaps they would not rank them ahead of us, but I doubt it. It seems that the only publication that has ever showed us any respect is PLAYBOY.

Too bad noone reads the articles.

• Upvote 1

I think we should be ranked higher but turnout is still pretty sad. Also, he is right about even when we were good the turnout was bad. When I was in school 2001 through 2004 no one I hung out with, went to games. People did not even care (not to say you personally did not, but most the student body). I recall talking about the 2002 bowl win with a guy I knew before a class started in Wooten hall, and no one around us even knew we played a bowl game. This has gotten better. I see Mean Green shirts and hats everywhere but we still need to get better.

I think we should be ranked higher but turnout is still pretty sad. Also, he is right about even when we were good the turnout was bad. When I was in school 2001 through 2004 no one I hung out with, went to games.

Didn't we sell out the Baylor game following that New Orleans bowl?

Our attendance improves dramatically when we play locally recognized teams -Baylor, SMU, TCU etc. CUSA and our improved OOC should help as well as being still in the conference race well into the season.

Didn't we sell out the Baylor game following that New Orleans bowl?

Not sure... Sadly, none of the people I hung out with at UNT went. We should have but that was the way it was back then. The funny part is that all those guys come up every year for a game and we have a great time. Not sure why we did not care more back in the day. We get season tickets now and donate what we can.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Psst, I wasn't asking a question. I was using an example to disprove your over-simplied statement.

Blaming past low turnout, won't improve future turnout.

I like what RV & MAC are doing focusing on frosh to build a fan base moving forward.

So what? It isn't difficult to be a fan of a BCS program. You can hang the ole "We can play for a National title" thing while getting to go watch big-time programs week in and week out.

I think the fans of MAC, Sun Belt, and C-USA teams are the most loyal fans in the nation. We never win anything that matters. It's all "small time" and a good season is written off as a fluke that wouldn't translate to success in a "real" conference.

• Upvote 1

Boise State was small time (Real small time) when we went to the Sun Bowl in '59 and I believe we were, at least briefly, a top twenty team back then. Our potential is there and I believe RV, Coach Mac and our entire athletic dept. is doing all it can to turn the corner on this thing. We have had bad luck and have made bad decisions in the past, but we are going to see that change. I hope.