Tim Crouch; UNT Game Announcer Poll

Harry

I like the first down thing well enough and It does get the crowd into the game a bit, but I have noticed something at basketball games that is really irritating. When we are on a run and the other team calls time out, the band, cheerleaders and fans should IMMEDIATELY go into action with the fight song. There is a crucial moment there that really gets us fired up and it is no time for the announcer to interject announcements as he often does. Of course, we are not very good at coordinating these sorts of things anyway with everyone often seeming to do his own thing without being aware of the big picture. Our parts so often do not seem to be commensurate with our whole and that is a tradition we need to discard.

• Upvote 1

The thing about Robb Coffey is he has a sense of timing, and apparently the Sunbelt Conference recognized this as he was hired to do the PA for the women in the Sunbelt tourney this year.

Not only does he have a GREAT PA voice but he knows when to NOT be a wet blanket, and understands that when a team does something great...(a power slam dunk to finalize a scoring run for instance that brings the crowd to its feet)...Robb knows that is the time to let the band finish the fight song and keep the momentum going and not the time to "Remind everyone to purchase their tickets to the Sunbelt Conference XYZ Championship in BFE that no one within ear shot gives a rats ass about".

This has been allowed to go on for years in the Super Pi during our gamest. You would think someone up there running the show would have noticed by now?

Rick

I could not agree more with this. Robb is also a great guy and NT grad. I'm shocked by the results of this poll, Tim spends all game stumbling over his words, miscalling plays, fouls and player names.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1