This is worth watching again

emmitt01

Not only is this video of a win...watch what the team does at the very end. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what lays the foundation for future success.

I'm ready for this season. I have good vibes for this season. Gotta love the fight song and Mac's speech. Man, I want Mac to go down as a legend at UNT.

• Upvote 1

Wow Mac at his best. Buy in like this will win many games the " experts" don't expect us to win. If the end of that video does not fire you up. I recommend someone check your pulse or do the mirror test to see if you are still breathing. Denton nesters are excluded from that test ' cause as far as any knowledge of UNT athletics is concerned all know you have been brain dead for 100 years!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Love the video. A couple of things that stood out to me.

1. The defense tackled extremely well and played with discipline.

2. 1:13: TD pass to Chancellor. Great throw, great blitz pick up by Byrd and great catch and run by Chancellor.

3. 8:52: Screen to Brown. Brown did it all on that play.

4. Jimmerson's 39 yard screen. A little patience to set up his blockers and he might have gone all the way.

5. 2:45: Olen's first FG. The guy in the stands trying to catch the ball cracked me up.

Should we all do the fight song dance next year?

• Upvote 1

Love the video. A couple of things that stood out to me.

1. The defense tackled extremely well and played with discipline.

2. 1:13: TD pass to Chancellor. Great throw, great blitz pick up by Byrd and great catch and run by Chancellor.

3. 8:52: Screen to Brown. Brown did it all on that play.

4. Jimmerson's 39 yard screen. A little patience to set up his blockers and he might have gone all the way.

5. 2:45: Olen's first FG. The guy in the stands trying to catch the ball cracked me up.

Should we all do the fight song dance next year?

Fine with me. Come down to my section (just a few rows up from Emmitt and his posse) and we'll get with it. I've said this before, but I wonder how many long time NT fans could break out and sing all the words to the fight song if ask to spontaneously.

Coach Mac is probably the only coach that I can remember that would have conducted such a post-game pep rally. Hayden Fry might have, but I doubt that it would have been as animated as Coach Mac's.

I remember that when Dennis Parker was hired, one of the first things he said that he was going to do was make sure that the football team learned the Alma Mater. He was the first coach that I remember at NT that had the team gather in front of the band after games and sing the Alma Mater when the band was playing it. i don't know if he made sure that they learned the fight song.

All spirit organizations on campus should be shown this video and told that this is the energy level from which they should be operating.

I remember a cheerleader that was on the 2003 cheer squad. He was a young man of color sporting the bald look. He was a dynamo. He was the kind of cheerleader that would practically get in your face and tell you that you weren't yelling loud enough. I first noticed him at the Oklahoma game. At the NMSU game, at the end of the year, he was still going at it at the same level. At one point, he came over to the wall where the NT section was and I thought he was going to climb the wall and get into the middle of us to get us to make it louder. I remember thinking "now THAT is the kind of cheerleaders we need at North Texas. I hope he and more like him will be on the squad next year."

Sadly, I never saw him again.

Since then, we've been back to the same ol' choreographed gymnastics that we've had for years.

Maybe we should put Coach Mac in charge of hiring all our spirit staff.

BTW, GREAT VIDEO!