Date set for game @ Tennessee

NT03

I don't know why we can't get Tech.

Well, Tech plays SMU in OOC and they play Baylor in the Metroplex every year. If it were me, I would be talking to Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado and sell them on playing a game every other year in the DFW area. Of course, the first three teams play at TCU every other year, so that may suffice for them, but I bet they would like to have another game every year in DFW to keep their presence here for recruiting.

The last three names I mentioned would have already been on my call list as soon as they left the Big XII. They lost their presence here in the Metroplex or in Texas by leaving the Big XII. Hell, play Nebraska in Jerry World or in the Cotton Bowl if you have to have a bigger venue. But then we get back to reality. A team not as good as Nebraska and probably on par with Missouri is Iowa. And we don't even get to play them in a game here. Last year, Northern Illinois played Iowa in Chicago at Soldier Field, so we know that they aren't opposed to playing OOC games away from Iowa City. But, again, we are back to reality in Denton...the AD is in good shape with the majority of the fans and BOR because he opened up tailgating and doesn't ask for too much money from the administration. OOC scheduling, hiring winners, keeping losers, etc...they don't matter like the first two points do to the majority of UNT family. As long as we can tailgate before a game against Texas Southern, Idaho, or Ball State in home OOC games, we are just fine here...and RV can continue to coast in what has to be one of the clearest roles an AD can have as the main job requirement--just don't cost us a lot of money.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1

I don't know why we can't get Tech.

Per AD, Tech won't play us anymore.

I'm not really concerned with the "two money games" thing. If Mac does what he set out here to do, we've got two opportunities for a marquee win in one season. The 5 home games, however, is disappointing.

But I'm already looking forward to these road trips. Knoxville is a great town. And I've always wanted to attend a game at Iowa.

Because this was the same thing I said in 2010 about the 2012 five game home schedule.

No changes were made. I don't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Plus, the AD published the 2015 schedule. It's not like this is from FBS.com. I doubt they would publish it if it wasn't final.

You assume that no attempts were made to change the schedule. Just because the schedule has been published doesn't mean it's final. That is how thing are today. I recall a few years back that we had a game scheduled with Miami and the plug was pulled on that fairly last minute. Maybe it will change, maybe it won't, but I just don't see how constantly harping on it does anything but give people tired head and make them want to stop coming by this place.

You assume that no attempts were made to change the schedule. Just because the schedule has been published doesn't mean it's final. That is how thing are today. I recall a few years back that we had a game scheduled with Miami and the plug was pulled on that fairly last minute. Maybe it will change, maybe it won't, but I just don't see how constantly harping on it does anything but give people tired head and make them want to stop coming by this place.

When I originally brought up the point that the Iowa series boxed us into a position of not being able to schedule one and ones and that we would have to, at the bare minimum, have to have at least 1 five game home season, I was told by many that I was overreacting and that the AD would figure it out.

Now, when a 5 game home schedule is released by the AD, I'm told that things could change.

Even if we buy out of the Tennessee game, we will have to buy an opponent for a home game, because there is no flexibility to allow a 1 and 1.

I'm sure when the 2015 schedule is released and we do indeed have 5 home games, I will be told not to be negative about it and accept it because, after all, we just can't do better.

When I originally brought up the point that the Iowa series boxed us into a position of not being able to schedule one and ones and that we would have to, at the bare minimum, have to have at least 1 five game home season, I was told by many that I was overreacting and that the AD would figure it out.

Now, when a 5 game home schedule is released by the AD, I'm told that things could change.

Even if we buy out of the Tennessee game, we will have to buy an opponent for a home game, because there is no flexibility to allow a 1 and 1.

I'm sure when the 2015 schedule is released and we do indeed have 5 home games, I will be told not to be negative about it and accept it because, after all, we just can't do better.

That's fine, complain when we get there, I just don't want to have to see the complaining for the next two years.

• Upvote 3

That's fine, complain when we get there, I just don't want to have to see the complaining for the next two years.

Well, maybe we should stop scheduling 5 home game seasons.

If the AD did that, you wouldn't have here my gripe.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, maybe we should stop scheduling 5 home game seasons.

If the AD did that, you wouldn't have here my gripe.

Please make no mistake, I am not seeking to invalidate your obviously strongly held emotion. I am simply requesting that we allow this poor horse to remain in its' grave for a little longer before we exhume it and begin to repeatedly tenderize its' corpse savagely and without relent. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 2

Fixed

Fix your own and leave mine alone...it needs no "fixing". Getting where you can't see the forest for the imagined trees.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1