Date set for game @ Tennessee

NT03

You know, as much as I hate these OOC games at SEC teams, if you are going to schedule one, this is the way to do it. Play them later in the year when they are in the middle of conference play. ULM beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa in November. Troy gave away a game at LSU in November a few years ago and they gave a highly ranked Georgia squad all they could handle in an OOC game in November. Maybe we will get stomped in another bodybag game, but I'll take my chances in a game against an OOC heavyweight in November than in the first 3 weeks of the season.

• Upvote 1

You know, as much as I hate these OOC games at SEC teams, if you are going to schedule one, this is the way to do it. Play them later in the year when they are in the middle of conference play. ULM beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa in November. Troy gave away a game at LSU in November a few years ago and they gave a highly ranked Georgia squad all they could handle in an OOC game in November. Maybe we will get stomped in another bodybag game, but I'll take my chances in a game against an OOC heavyweight in November than in the first 3 weeks of the season.

I agree. The later the better for those games. As long as we can stay reasonably healthy by that point of the season of course.

While this would only impact a few of the Tennessee fans who are older, like me, here is an idea for Tennessee. Go to Knoxville wearing the old Hayden Fry Mean Green uniforms...this will terrify them, as it was the lime greenies who beat Tennessee in a stunner in the mid seventies. Oh, also, bring a team to Knoxville...that would help.

• Upvote 2

If our luck holds, by the time we play them, they will be ranked in the top 10.

Butch Jones is doing wonders for the Vols right now. He hasn't coached a game so the jury is still out, but he has the number 3 recruiting class in the country for 2014. That class includes 5 star (according to 247) running back Jalen Hurd who will be a sophomore that year.

Says 7th ?

The most prominent addition to their future schedules is a game at Tennessee in 2015. North Texas will visit Neyland Stadium in Knoxville on Nov. 7, 2015. The game will be the first meeting between the two schools since the Mean Green upset the Volunteers 21-14 in 1975.

• Upvote 1

5 home games in 2015? What the goddamn hell? Three away OOC games? Unacceptable. Are you kidding me? Two games at Iowa and no return game? That is like an FCS OOC schedule. How is that acceptable in the least bit? I'm disgusted. Shouldn't we be past this in CUSA? What the actual hell? I don't know what to say. Every other school can get return games.

Maybe due to conference realignment we end up with 6 home games, but that Iowa series baffles me as does signing up another body bag game. Someone fire RV already before I just bail out.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

While this would only impact a few of the Tennessee fans who are older, like me, here is an idea for Tennessee. Go to Knoxville wearing the old Hayden Fry Mean Green uniforms...this will terrify them, as it was the lime greenies who beat Tennessee in a stunner in the mid seventies. Oh, also, bring a team to Knoxville...that would help.

:lol:

• Upvote 1

5 home games in 2015? What the goddamn hell? Three away OOC games? Unacceptable. Are you kidding me? Two games at Iowa and no return game? That is like an FCS OOC schedule. How is that acceptable in the least bit? I'm disgusted. Shouldn't we be past this in CUSA? What the actual hell? I don't know what to say. Every other school can get return games.

Maybe due to conference realignment we end up with 6 home games, but that Iowa series baffles me as does signing up another body bag game. Someone fire RV already before I just bail out.

Pointing out the obvious will get you branded as a negative Nancy, so be careful.

I knew this was coming. The Iowa series is one of the worst scheduling decision ever made by this AD, and that is really saying something. All one had to do was look at the schedule through 2018 and it was really easy to figure out that another 5 home game season (maybe even 2) was right around the corner.

I wonder what the excuse will be this time? Last year it was "well, we had to do this after that great home schedule we were able to provide for the opening season of Apogee." This time, I predict it will be "Well, if we are going to play SMU in a series, sometimes we are going to have to have 5 home games in a season."

Ya, it doesn'tt make sense, but what has in the way we schedule?

Same ole UNT. 2 money games in the same season of 5 home games. It's like we are ULM, but without the occasional Baylor or TA&M home game.

Fly, if you read this, it's crap like this that make me doubt whether this program will ever be successful.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1

Pointing out the obvious will get you branded as a negative Nancy, so be careful.

I knew this was coming. The Iowa series is one of the worst scheduling decision ever made by this AD, and that is really saying something. All one had to do was look at the schedule through 2018 and it was really easy to figure out that another 5 home game season (maybe even 2) was right around the corner.

I wonder what the excuse will be this time? Last year it was "well, we had to do this after that great home schedule we were able to provide for the opening season of Apogee." This time, I predict it will be "Well, if we are going to play SMU in a series, sometimes we are going to have to have 5 home games in a season."

Ya, it doesn'tt make sense, but what has in the way we schedule?

Same ole UNT. 2 money games in the same season of 5 home games. It's like we are ULM, but without the occasional Baylor or TA&M home game.

Fly, if you read this, it's crap like this that make me doubt whether this program will ever be successful.

Two money games? We don't need two money games. Due to CUSA, we shouldn't even need one

What a joke. With a bit of alcohol in me, maybe I'll ask RV about 2015 tonight.

Edited by meangreener

Maybe I am missing something, but couldn't the schedule for 2015 change between now and then? I am not saying that I am happy about a 5 home game schedule, but there is a possibility that the games change between now and then. Why get bent out of shape for something two seasons from now when there is plenty to get upset about in the present?

• Upvote 1

Maybe I am missing something, but couldn't the schedule for 2015 change between now and then? I am not saying that I am happy about a 5 home game schedule, but there is a possibility that the games change between now and then. Why get bent out of shape for something two seasons from now when there is plenty to get upset about in the present?

Because I remember in 2010 and 11, everyone said that the 12 schedule would change. And it didn't. Either way, three on-the-road games OOC is unacceptable. Why can't we get a KSU? Army and SMU is nice and all, but can't we get a big name school to help inflate that attendance? The SMU and Army series will, but lets get another.

Oh, I can't wait to beat up SMU.

Because this was the same thing I said in 2010 about the 2012 five game home schedule.

No changes were made. I don't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Plus, the AD published the 2015 schedule. It's not like this is from FBS.com. I doubt they would publish it if it wasn't final.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

I tend to agree here with your post, since there is so much time until that season gets here and who knows who is going to buy out games on their schedules between now and then. That said, this doesn't surprise me at all that we have 5 games that year in Denton. The AD will sell the hell out of playing our "rival", SMU, at home--except that SMU could care less about that game as a rivalry. AS I have said numerous times, SMU as the premier home opponent is small-time. To me, and I know that I may be in the minority here, but SMU at home is nice, but it shouldn't be the only OOC game at home in a year, nor should it be considered the same thing as getting an AQ team here, like ULM did with Baylor last season. UTEP played Oklahoam in El Paso last year. SMU got the Aggies in Dallas and will get Tech again real soon. The only time we have gotten the OOC schedule right, in my opinon, was in 2011, with UH and Indiana as home OOC opponents. Last year's home schedule was as bad as a FBS school can schedule for its fans, so I don't know that it will ever get duplicated, but 2015 won't be substantially better to me. 4 SBCUSA teams and SMU won't sell a lot of season ticket packages around here.

I tend to agree here with your post, since there is so much time until that season gets here and who knows who is going to buy out games on their schedules between now and then. That said, this doesn't surprise me at all that we have 5 games that year in Denton. The AD will sell the hell out of playing our "rival", SMU, at home--except that SMU could care less about that game as a rivalry. AS I have said numerous times, SMU as the premier home opponent is small-time. To me, and I know that I may be in the minority here, but SMU at home is nice, but it shouldn't be the only OOC game at home in a year, nor should it be considered the same thing as getting an AQ team here, like ULM did with Baylor last season. UTEP played Oklahoam in El Paso last year. SMU got the Aggies in Dallas and will get Tech again real soon. The only time we have gotten the OOC schedule right, in my opinon, was in 2011, with UH and Indiana as home OOC opponents. Last year's home schedule was as bad as a FBS school can schedule for its fans, so I don't know that it will ever get duplicated, but 2015 won't be substantially better to me. 4 SBCUSA teams and SMU won't sell a lot of season ticket packages around here.

Who needs season ticket holders when we can just whore ourselves out?