R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl 2013 Date Announced

Harry

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-fo...13aaa.html

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl officials and the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation announced today that the annual R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl will be held at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 8 p.m. (CST).

Bringing in an estimated annual economic impact of $15 million to the city of New Orleans, the game pits a Conference USA school against an opponent from the Sun Belt Conference

Would it be a disappointment if the New Orleans Bowl was the first CUSA bowl game UNT gets an invite to?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd take ANY bowl game now but if I had my druthers, I'd want to go someplace else. I've been to the NOB 4 times and I'd like to go someplace different.

• Upvote 2

Would it be a disappointment if the New Orleans Bowl was the first CUSA bowl game UNT gets an invite to?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd take ANY bowl game now but if I had my druthers, I'd want to go someplace else. I've been to the NOB 4 times and I'd like to go someplace different.

For this season, I would not be disappointed with ANY bowl. That would mean we exceeded my expectations for the year.

• Upvote 1

Like everyone after 10 year drought I’ll take anything. Even with 4 previous bowl games and a tourney trip it’s still been 6 years since I’ve seen NT play in nawlins. Let’s look at the other options.

Liberty Bowl – Memphis, Cool city but same distance and not better than new Orleans.

Hawai’I Bowl – Best trip for the team but I’m sure most people here can’t do a last trip on Christmas Eve.

Armed Forces Bowl – Fort Worth, Cheap day trip great turnout but come on I want to get out of town.

Beef ‘O’ Bradys Bowl – St. Petes, The name alone pisses me off but fun city and Florida in December would be nice.

Military Bowl – DC, I love DC but it’s far expensive and it’s RFK in December

New Orleans Bowl, Close enough cheap enough and we all know the city.

ANY BCS BOWL – Not gonna happen but if so ignore everything above I’m in.

New Orleans wins hands down it may be the sixth option which also makes it the most realistic for our first year in the conference.

• Upvote 1

Like everyone after 10 year drought I’ll take anything. Even with 4 previous bowl games and a tourney trip it’s still been 6 years since I’ve seen NT play in nawlins. Let’s look at the other options.

Liberty Bowl – Memphis, Cool city but same distance and not better than new Orleans.

Hawai’I Bowl – Best trip for the team but I’m sure most people here can’t do a last trip on Christmas Eve.

Armed Forces Bowl – Fort Worth, Cheap day trip great turnout but come on I want to get out of town.

Beef ‘O’ Bradys Bowl – St. Petes, The name alone pisses me off but fun city and Florida in December would be nice.

Military Bowl – DC, I love DC but it’s far expensive and it’s RFK in December

New Orleans Bowl, Close enough cheap enough and we all know the city.

ANY BCS BOWL – Not gonna happen but if so ignore everything above I’m in.

New Orleans wins hands down it may be the sixth option which also makes it the most realistic for our first year in the conference.

I also think there is the Heart of Dallas Bowl? I point this out because I believe I read that Britton Banowsky is on their board. Wouldn't be as an exciting a destination as New Orleans but we should be able to get a decent local crowd.

As far as "'druthers" are concerned...well, we may not be able to make a bowl this year, but it all depends on how far we get in paying off what we want to before December. Still:

I only spent a little time in Memphis the one time I was there, so the Liberty Bowl would be cool. Plus the town is great and not as expensive as some others on the list so those of us who want to check out some more stuff with a modest travel budget would have a good time with sights and such beyond the game.

Hawai'i is still on my list of "yet to see," so if we have the travel money and UNT goes, I'm all over it - though next year would probably be ideal for me to go to that one.

St. Pete's is decent, but just as expensive as DC and a better fit when you're single. Unless we hopped over to Disney on that trip, I'm not really that big on that one, but that's just me. If UNT ends up there, maybe a few of us traveling with families could do a day or two in Orlando before or after the game.

DC rocks and is another great trip for families or those wanting to see the sights. And money-wise, if you play your cards right you can do it on a decent budget after paying to get there, because not all of the DC metro area are as expensive as others. With St. Pete's you're right there in Tampa, Ybor, etc. and almost anything worth doing is going to cost a lot more than in most other areas.

I love New Orleans so any chance to go back is great...and the only Bowl I went to was Cincy so I'd be feeling pretty good about it!

As for Heart of Dallas or Armed Forces, well if we can come home for a bit and catch a UNT Bowl game at the same time, it's a double win, but I'm stuck out here away from everything so some of you wanting to go to a Bowl away from home would probably feel differently.