Response to Rationalize this GreenBat

Rick you are as mentally disturbed as this guy if you think I'd been in favor of letting this guy out, but as quoted in the story, "By law, the state says he cannot be kept in a mental institution indefinitely."
This is a law that your Republican controlled Texas government has had plenty of time to alter, and make tougher.
But just like the the fifth amendment says, "Due process." You should know that amendment well as it was tought in every political science class in high school.
If objectionable writing was an offense that could cause someone to be locked up, I think a number of the people on this board, including you and I could be in trouble.
But thoughts are not illegal, actions are. The courts have decided, I decision that I do not agree with, that this gentleman is not a threat to society.
Looks like the Republican lawmakers of Texas have failed us again.
Andrew I can't decide if your comment: "Background checks on all purchases of ball bearings, nails, and pressure cooker as well... Also we need to limit the amount of each an individual can purchase." is laughable or proof that or education system has failed.
And MDH, I agree with you, but that's up to Harry, it's his board. and no one, is forced to read any post in any forum.
Not sure why the original thread was locked, except the admins did not want to have to police the thread and have to lock it down because it would eventually turn into a Conservative vs. Liberal thread.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1