QB BATTLE

This seems to be what everyone wants to discuss. Who's going to start? Who's the best leader? Who is the coolest dude?

Who can tell? Its a "Riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma". (Churchill on Stalin.) The frustrating thing is that we now have to wait over four months before we have any idea who will emerge as our quarterback. I hate this life.

• Upvote 3

DT will start against Idaho.

MacNulty will be the immediate backup if DT gets injured or lays an egg.

Berglund will play in the Idaho game and will move up to #2 and get more playing time as the season progresses.

After the start of the season playing time will be based on a complicated formula of production and mistakes. Simply put they will go with who they think gives them the best chance at winning.

DT will start against Idaho.

MacNulty will be the immediate backup if DT gets injured or lays an egg.

Berglund will play in the Idaho game and will move up to #2 and get more playing time as the season progresses.

After the start of the season playing time will be based on a complicated formula of production and mistakes. Simply put they will go with who they think gives them the best chance at winning.

This ... although I'd say Brock doesn't play vs Idaho but gets in one of the next two games.

I don't know whether DT will start or not. what I DO know is that this season his leash will be a lot shorter if he is the starter. No more interceptions on top of bad drives without consequences. And that in itself is a nice change, because one of the things that made me go nuts last season was that Mac would not let anyone else play even if DT was having a bad night.

All I know...

• When I watched the spring game the two best QB's on the field were Andrew McNutly and Brock Berglund.
  • The coach's job is to put the best product out on the field they can.
  • I have no reason to believe that they would not put the best product out on the field.
  • This leads me to believe that whomever has the best fall will be the starting QB.

Things I don't know...

• Who will have the best fall?
  • Who will be healthy?

The rest is a mystery. Many days until Fall practice begins. Not a whole lot of point in discussing it further until that time. You must remember it's Coach Mac's job to put the best players out on the field. If Brock's the best, he'll play. If it's McNutly, he'll play. If it's Jordan Gill, he'll play. If it's Thompson, he'll play. We have no reason to believe that Coach Mac has not put his best players out on the field so long as he's been the coach here.

Edited by Snowy
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1