Margaret Thatcher...1925-2013

I doubt it unless the reaction is reported by their liberal outlets.

Or...from, you know...conversations with British people.

But...since in your insular world I suppose you need things in writing...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/interactive/2013/apr/11/margaret-thatcher-legacy-best-writing#hadley-freeman

British opinions ranging from:

"Perhaps the greatest prime minister of our age"

and

"She inspired a generation"

to

"Her government's policies handed draconian military powers over to the securocrats, and subverted basic human rights"

and

"Thatcher is one of the clearest examples of the fact that a successful woman doesn't always mean a step forward for women"

But nah...she's not at all a divisive figure.

Or...from, you know...conversations with British people.

But...since in your insular world I suppose you need things in writing...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/interactive/2013/apr/11/margaret-thatcher-legacy-best-writing#hadley-freeman

British opinions ranging from:

"Perhaps the greatest prime minister of our age"

and

"She inspired a generation"

to

"Her government's policies handed draconian military powers over to the securocrats, and subverted basic human rights"

and

"Thatcher is one of the clearest examples of the fact that a successful woman doesn't always mean a step forward for women"

But nah...she's not at all a divisive figure.

What's all this crap? I thought this thread was about Ted Cruz now?

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

Your opinion is formed by a 3 minute and 4 second YouTube video?

Ya..."insular" is the right word.

I simply started a thread to remember a person who was a great leader and made a positive difference for a crap load of people and your only effort is to trash her. It was an expected move so I don't hold it against you. Carry on, and here is another video for you to enjoy. It's her first speech at the WHouse as PM. It has a funny part in which she mentions the Cowboy vs Redskin's game in which Dallas won.

Rick

Here is another of her concerning Capitalism and a free society.

By the way, I'm thinking we should probably appreciate Capitalism and what it's done for our athletic program facilities over the years. Had it not been for a guy who knows flooring and a couple of others in the insurance and oil industries we'd probably still be in Fouts, our title 9 issues would still be hanging over our heads and our basketball team would for sure still be waiting in line for the PEB to open up to have a practice now and then.

Rick

I simply started a thread to remember a person who was a great leader and made a positive difference for a crap load of people and your only effort is to trash her. It was an expected move so I don't hold it against you.

Actually I haven't contributed an opinion on Thatcher one way or the other. What I have done is show that your belief that she "was a great leader and made a positive difference for a crap load of people" is held far from universally.

Thatcher is a remarkably controversial figure...one who still elicits glowing accolades from some and guttural vitriol from others.

• Upvote 1

Actually I haven't contributed an opinion on Thatcher one way or the other. What I have done is show that your belief that she "was a great leader and made a positive difference for a crap load of people" is held far from universally.

Thatcher is a remarkably controversial figure...one who still elicits glowing accolades from some and guttural vitriol from others.

I think we can learn a lot from her. After all, when is the last time we have heard a leader of our government remind us that.... "You don't grow richer by ordering another checkbook from the bank!".

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1