East
USM - UAB - FIU - FAU - MTSU - ECU - Marshall

2013 Basketball, etc. - Round Robin

2014 Football
West
UTEP - UTSA - UNT - Rice - LA Tech - USM
East
UAB(???) - WKU - MTSU - FIU - FAU - Marshall - ODU

2014 Basketball, etc. (if there are divisions)
West
UTEP - UTSA - UNT - Rice - LA Tech - USM - UAB
East
WKU - MTSU - FIU - FAU - Marshall - Charlotte - ODU

2015 Football, Basketball, etc.
West
UTEP - UTSA - UNT - Rice - LA Tech - USM - UAB
East
WKU - MTSU - FIU - FAU - Charlotte - ODU - Marshall

read more: http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=628684

If the divisions stay at 7, you will typically have the two crossover games. That makes things interesting and means you can't ignore the east teams because they will play a role in your season.

I will grant you that the east doesn't look too powerful right now but keep in mind, Marshall, Middle and WKU have been consistently good. FIU and FAU have the most potential being located in the fertile Florida recruiting region and both ODU and Charlotte are pumping serious dollars into their facilities and have nice markets. I think the east could be surprisingly good in a few years but the west appears to be stronger in the near future.

I like this league. I am interested in the teams and see some good rivalries forming if we can keep it together for awhile. If North Texas can get their act together in the major sports this league is a perfect place to grow the program.

If the divisions stay at 7, you will typically have the two crossover games. That makes things interesting and means you can't ignore the east teams because they will play a role in your season.

I will grant you that the east doesn't look too powerful right now but keep in mind, Marshall, Middle and WKU have been consistently good. FIU and FAU have the most potential being located in the fertile Florida recruiting region and both ODU and Charlotte are pumping serious dollars into their facilities and have nice markets. I think the east could be surprisingly good in a few years but the west appears to be stronger in the near future.

I like this league. I am interested in the teams and see some good rivalries forming if we can keep it together for awhile. If North Texas can get their act together in the major sports this league is a perfect place to grow the program.

The problem will be keeping it together. Marshall will be out if they can get any other offer (which they most likely can't). UTEP is begging for Mountain West membership, as is Rice (as should we), I would bet.

If the new whatever conference want ANY team from the new CUSA, they can have them. That's just the way college football go. We should be doing EVERYTHING possible to make ourselves attractive to the MWC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The problem will be keeping it together. Marshall will be out if they can get any other offer (which they most likely can't). UTEP is begging for Mountain West membership, as is Rice (as should we), I would bet.

If the new whatever conference want ANY team from the new CUSA, they can have them. That's just the way college football go. We should be doing EVERYTHING possible to make ourselves attractive to the MWC.

Starting to lean this way myself. With all of the defections in C-USA, MWC would be a huge step up now... not to mention much more stable.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

What I like about even the new CUSA is that there are really recognizable names in a few of our opponents. True, we know that right now a lot of these are weak teams, but people at least know who SMiss, Marshall, and Rice are. For the average person who doesn't follow records and such year in and year out, hearing someone say, "Hey, North Texas plays Marshall this week and Rice next week" will resonate a bit more than F_U, Middle, and WacKY, even though they are still in there with us.

I agree that the MWC would be a great fit for us a some point if we were to get an offer, but for the time being, even with half of the Sunbelt coming with us, a few recognizable names for casual fans and non-fans alike could help a little in terms of "hey, they're playing schools I've actually heard of, the program must be coming along a bit. Maybe I'll check out a game." It probably won't be a huge boost just for that reason, but every little bit helps.

Starting to lean this way myself. With all of the defections in C-USA, MWC would be a huge step up now... not to mention much more stable.

People need to remember that for whatever reason (probably market) we were 1 of the top three choices for the 1st move by CUSA.

Maybe what happened/ is happening in the basketball program has knocked us down a level, maybe not, but we should be trying to take advantage of our market and facilities improvement to get the MWC interested. We need a partner or partners to make it happen. Get on UTEP's coattails and ride them to CUSA, if possible.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Pretty ugly. Four Belties, two total newbies, and Marshall. The West ain't bad, and I sure hope it stays intact for a few.

Good point. When you look at the East...Marshall fans are probably jumping up and down. It's like they got a whole season of Sunbelt and barely-transitioned opponents. If they have a bad season in 2013...ugh.