Wesley scores 34 , named MVP in DFW Showboat Classic

NT03

Just realize that you are starting an unproven JUCO, 2 shaky outside shooters (yes, shaky. I know he is the savior to many, but check Walton's 3 point numbers from last year), and 2 guys that can't shoot from 3.

Gonna be really tough to score, rebound, and play defense with that line up on the floor.

OK, name a better lineup.

• Upvote 1

OK, name a better lineup.

Well, we don't know who is even going to be on the roster yet. I would imagine there will be some more player turnover before next year. It happens in every program, but I think it will definitely happen in this one (just look at the history at Marquette).

But going with the current roster, you have to get production out of Coleman or a way undersized Nunn at the 5. Best hope is for Coleman to show anything. Wesley starts day one at the 4 for this team. That, unfortunately, is a must. I wouldn't count on anything from Friar at this point. Guard rotation of CJ, PJ, Walton, and Overlander, wing is CJ and Alzee.

I would get your line up if four of those guys were 35% or better from the 3 point line. They aren't.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Well, we don't know who is even going to be on the roster yet. I would imagine there will be some more player turnover before next year. It happens in every program, but I think it will definitely happen in this one (just look at the history at Marquette).

But going with the current roster, you have to get production out of Coleman or a way undersized Nunn at the 5. Best hope is for Coleman to show anything. Wesley starts day one at the 4 for this team. That, unfortunately, is a must. I wouldn't count on anything from Friar at this point. Guard rotation of CJ, PJ, and Overlander, wing is CJ and Alzee.

I would get your line up if four of those guys were 35% or better from the 3 point line. They aren't.

Well didn't know NT has to get production out of Coleman or Nunn, that changes everything.

Actually, I think you may have the most likely lineup but do you really think that it is going to beat anyone? It seems that lineup depends on Coleman being something he hasn't shown yet. He was improving but I just don't see him being anymore than a 15 minute a game player.

Edited by GrandGreen