Wesley scores 34 , named MVP in DFW Showboat Classic

NT03

I really hope PJ stays. A lot of people were down on him but he played a LOT of quality minutes when called upon. He's not gonna be a scorer, I don't think, but I think he could allow CJ to play off the ball and we should get our scoring from elsewhere. Plus he's real fast and I like that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't see Benford having much success recruiting after this year, I think NT is back to the early Jones years or worse as a chosen destination among recruits

Wesley is no doubt not only the best recruit in this class but it is likely to stay that way

Not sure were all the Hardwick leaving is coming from, but he would be a massive loss for this team

A front court rotation of Coleman, Nunn, Wesley, Friar would be hard to win with

It would be really rebound and defense under the basket challenged, but I can see a starting lineup of Jones, Taylor, A. Williams, J. Williams and Wesley starting

• Upvote 1

I don't see Benford having much success recruiting after this year, I think NT is back to the early Jones years or worse as a chosen destination among recruits

Wesley is no doubt not only the best recruit in this class but it is likely to stay that way

Not sure were all the Hardwick leaving is coming from, but he would be a massive loss for this team

A front court rotation of Coleman, Nunn, Wesley, Friar would be hard to win with

It would be really rebound and defense under the basket challenged, but I can see a starting lineup of Jones, Taylor, A. Williams, J. Williams and Wesley starting

I can't see this. At all.

If this is what we trot out there to start the year, get ready for some record-setting games for opposition post players and for losses to mount quickly.

We would shoot the lights out though!

Jordan as a 4? I think not. At all. Look at his rebounding numbers as a 3.

Wesley is a 3/very small 4 in CUSA.

We need a post player badly. Probably need 2, but we also need a shooter, and assuming no one leaves the program (huge assumption), we only have 2 'ships left.

Lots of holes.

Is Taylor a "combo" guard? Walton was touted as one as well (I think he played point at Casper CC). I thought Taylor was a SG in every way.

I don't think Taylor will play the point here, I think that's part of the reason he left OU. But if we needed him too , he'd be a damn good option to run the show

I don't see him playing anything other than the 2,3 here

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Well at this point unless pj transfers home then we just have one ship left (tmk). Perhaps someone with Colmans size, but better footwork.

If there are better options available , history says things will work themselves out. That's just a harsh reality of the game...or I should say business

• Upvote 1

Jordan as a 4? I think not. At all. Look at his rebounding numbers as a 3.

Wesley is a 3/very small 4 in CUSA.

We need a post player badly. Probably need 2, but we also need a shooter, and assuming no one leaves the program (huge assumption), we only have 2 'ships left.

Lots of holes.

Well, I guess you assume that a good post is going to come to Benford's rescue or that Nunn, Coleman, Friar are going to a lot better than I see.

The point of my post is I don't see Benford being very effective recruiting and therefore NT is not going to get a post player any better than what he already has, and that is a couple of freshmen projects and Coleman. So just like the past year, when he had to play both Mitchell and Franklin out of position; I think something similar will happen.

I am not advocating a four guard line up, but I think that is what he may be forced into: with 4 out of Hardwick, Taylor, Walton, Jones, A. Williams and J Williams starting with only one front court player. I see even an undersized Wesley as better than the others to take that position.

Rebounding and around the basket defense are likely to be bad, no matter who NT starts; so why not put forth your best athletes who at least should be quick enough to create match up problems for opponents.

Well, I guess you assume that a good post is going to come to Benford's rescue or that Nunn, Coleman, Friar are going to a lot better than I see.

The point of my post is I don't see Benford being very effective recruiting and therefore NT is not going to get a post player any better than what he already has, and that is a couple of freshmen projects and Coleman. So just like the past year, when he had to play both Mitchell and Franklin out of position; I think something similar will happen.

I am not advocating a four guard line up, but I think that is what he may be forced into: with 4 out of Hardwick, Taylor, Walton, Jones, A. Williams and J Williams starting with only one front court player. I see even an undersized Wesley as better than the others to take that position.

Rebounding and around the basket defense are likely to be bad, no matter who NT starts; so why not put forth your best athletes who at least should be quick enough to create match up problems for opponents.

Just realize that you are starting an unproven JUCO, 2 shaky outside shooters (yes, shaky. I know he is the savior to many, but check Walton's 3 point numbers from last year), and 2 guys that can't shoot from 3.

Gonna be really tough to score, rebound, and play defense with that line up on the floor.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1