We have lots of company..

Message board comments may upset some players parents or friends, but it is hard to believe it is any kind of factor in recruiting.

A football team that has not had a winning season since 2004 and one of the biggest flops by any basketball program ever and someone actually thinks that a message board is the issue. I wonder if some have every read any other board because they all basically the same relative to fan's responses. Win and they get much better but still far from being the utopia some of you expect.

Just prove to me that one player didn't sign with a fb program because of a fan message board. Record, facilities, coaching staff, academics, location, competition, partying, etc.; I just don't see a hostile message board being even a thought among so many more pertinent factors in selecting an University.

Truth. This is the online sports bar to discuss our teams.

• Upvote 1

No, but you and a few other posters throw out nothing but constant negativety about North Texas. Different thread each day with the same old tune and it just gets old. If someone has a differing opinion it is never respected, but belittled or the member is talked down to or some smart assed remark is made. Take you complaints to the AD. You want Benford fired, go to the AD, raise money to buy him out, etc... but reading the same old tired crap every single day is an ass whipping. Someone is either butt hurt because the AD doesn't defer to them on promotional ideas anymore or because RV is just out to hire the worst coach in America to lead our teams, etc... As Travis Scott stated earlier, this used to be a fun place to come and get the latest news on NT athletics, catch up with friends, etc... Now it is bitchfest between about 4 or 5 posters. Why don't you all just go to the chatroom, or better yet, group email each other?

No, but you and a few other posters throw out nothing but constant negativety about North Texas. Different thread each day with the same old tune and it just gets old. If someone has a differing opinion it is never respected, but belittled or the member is talked down to or some smart assed remark is made. Take you complaints to the AD. You want Benford fired, go to the AD, raise money to buy him out, etc... but reading the same old tired crap every single day is an ass whipping. Someone is either butt hurt because the AD doesn't defer to them on promotional ideas anymore or because RV is just out to hire the worst coach in America to lead our teams, etc... As Travis Scott stated earlier, this used to be a fun place to come and get the latest news on NT athletics, catch up with friends, etc... Now it is bitchfest between about 4 or 5 posters. Why don't you all just go to the chatroom, or better yet, group email each other?

I wish we could track the evolution of what has ruined GMG over the years. SO MANY FACTORS, but never the person reading and internalizing it.

Every year, I enjoy hearing new versions of how suddenly the blue cheese has expired and the Twinkies have spoiled.

• Upvote 3

I wish we could track the evolution of what has ruined GMG over the years. SO MANY FACTORS, but never the person reading and internalizing it.

Every year, I enjoy hearing new versions of how suddenly the blue cheese has expired and the Twinkies have spoiled.

Why must you double post the material that you quote??!

That is ruining GMG for me.

Why must you double post the material that you quote??!

That is ruining GMG for me.

Your revolutionary ideas of "marketing" and filling the stadium are dangerous and need to be stopped. You're ruining police for me.

• Upvote 1

Your revolutionary ideas of "marketing" and filling the stadium are dangerous and need to be stopped. You're ruining police for me.

I can't speak for anyone but myself.... But after reading his post's the past 5 months there is no way in heck I'm joining the Dallas Police Department.

• Upvote 3

I can't speak for anyone but myself.... But after reading his post's the past 5 months there is no way in heck I'm joining the Dallas Police Department.

I find your lack of faith...disturbing.

• Upvote 2

CBI...the tournament for folks who are so desperate to act like they won something that they will pay to try to fool people. Pretty dumb since no one is fooled and no one cares!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Says the man who cares so little he's posted five times to let us know how little he cares.

Says the guy who must have a man crush on me since he has to say something about everything I post.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

CBI...the tournament for folks who are so desperate to act like they won something that they will pay to try to fool people. Pretty dumb since no one is fooled and no one cares!

I think it mattered to the fans at Hofheinz Pavilion on Wednesday night...you know, the people who support that program and loved seeing an old rival have to come back to town and play them at a place they wouldn't dare play at again anytime soon. They seemed to have a pretty good time--seemed like money well spent to me.

Never mind--lets just keep doing what we're doing here in Denton. Things look bright!!

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1

Original topic: No Texas Schools in NCAA tournament. Article last night on Ch. 5 about why top players leave the state. Marcus Smart said it was attendance. Look at SMU, TCU and UNT. When TCU played Kansas the crowd was like a Kansas home game. SMU draws less than us. Our problem is that the people (the students) financing the program don't care. I think that there were fewer students than non-students at games this year. UNT is not the first choice of most of our students and UNT is probably not their favorite college program. They are still fans of UT, TAMU, Baylor or some other Big 12 school. It was that way when I was in school in the 60s. We never sold out Fouts, don't come close to filling Apogee. Basketball attendance peaked in the late 70s with Blakeley, and then at only about 5500. Johnny's last year was the first time we averaged over 4000 since then. We had some years when the average was below 2000. When you are recruiting a kid and bring him to a basketball game with 3000 in a 10,000 seat arena, then he goes to OK. State and there is a sellout, where is he going to sign? We are what we are. When the school had the MGC members stand at the last game, it looked like 3/4 of the crowd. Winning won't help; look at attendance under Johnny's 20 win per season. I am still going to every game, football and basketball. I haven't missed a BB game in about 6 years. I have seen every home game the players on the current roster played. But when the attendance is announced at about 3000, we really sold 35,000+, they just didn't show up.

What all 1225 of them? No TV exposure...so, for all that change you get the same die hard fans who come anyway. And, no decent coverage in the Dallas Morning News either...great exposure for your "buy in". Am sure thousands of potential recruits were just hanging on every second of that "winners" game.

But, whatever floats your boat. Want to throw good money into a stupid losers tournament, go for it! By the way...who won? Anyone care? Couldn't find the score in the paper. Big time tourney this one!

I think it mattered to the fans at Hofheinz Pavilion on Wednesday night...you know, the people who support that program and loved seeing an old rival have to come back to town and play them at a place they wouldn't dare play at again anytime soon. They seemed to have a pretty good time--seemed like money well spent to me.

Never mind--lets just keep doing what we're doing here in Denton. Things look bright!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Original topic: No Texas Schools in NCAA tournament. Article last night on Ch. 5 about why top players leave the state. Marcus Smart said it was attendance. Look at SMU, TCU and UNT. When TCU played Kansas the crowd was like a Kansas home game. SMU draws less than us. Our problem is that the people (the students) financing the program don't care. I think that there were fewer students than non-students at games this year. UNT is not the first choice of most of our students and UNT is probably not their favorite college program. They are still fans of UT, TAMU, Baylor or some other Big 12 school. It was that way when I was in school in the 60s. We never sold out Fouts, don't come close to filling Apogee. Basketball attendance peaked in the late 70s with Blakeley, and then at only about 5500. Johnny's last year was the first time we averaged over 4000 since then. We had some years when the average was below 2000. When you are recruiting a kid and bring him to a basketball game with 3000 in a 10,000 seat arena, then he goes to OK. State and there is a sellout, where is he going to sign? We are what we are. When the school had the MGC members stand at the last game, it looked like 3/4 of the crowd. Winning won't help; look at attendance under Johnny's 20 win per season. I am still going to every game, football and basketball. I haven't missed a BB game in about 6 years. I have seen every home game the players on the current roster played. But when the attendance is announced at about 3000, we really sold 35,000+, they just didn't show up.

I have to disagree that winning won't help. I think there has been a basic culture change on campus over the past decade or so, but unfortunately that change has been crushed under a mountain of losses and overall disappointments.

You could see some genuine enthusiasm building when Dodge got here, but we all know what happened there. I'm not sure that we can use JJ's 20 win seasons as much of a gauge, because we really didn't beat anybody for the most part, and our fans clearly have very little respect for the SBC.

We win in a better conference and they will come. Maybe not in Big 12 numbers but they will come. Too bad one guy played a huge role in our not being able to gauge our support with a winning team this past BB season.

What all 1225 of them? No TV exposure...so, for all that change you get the same die hard fans who come anyway. And, no decent coverage in the Dallas Morning News either...great exposure for your "buy in". Am sure thousands of potential recruits were just hanging on every second of that "winners" game.

But, whatever floats your boat. Want to throw good money into a stupid losers tournament, go for it! By the way...who won? Anyone care? Couldn't find the score in the paper. Big time tourney this one!

Because the UNT way has proven to be so much beter than the UT way, the UH way, hell, the UTA way.

We are just too damn cheap to spend the money, just like you said. That is UNT.

Because the UNT way has proven to be so much beter than the UT way, the UH way, hell, the UTA way.

We are just too damn cheap to spend the money, just like you said. That is UNT.

Or way to smart to spend valuable resources on a fake tournament for teams no legitimate tournament invited. Sort of like paying some random guy to take your ugly duckling daughter to the prom. But, happy you think it's such a great tournament. Remind me again which TV network is broadcasting the games? You know, because it is such a respected and must see tournament.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Or way to smart to spend valuable resources on a fake tournament for teams no legitimate tournament invited. Sort of like paying some random guy to take your ugly duckling daughter to the prom. But, happy you think it's such a great tournament. Remind me again which TV network is broadcasting the games? You know, because it is such a respected and must see tournament.

Calling UNT smarter in any athletic decision than UT is just plain crazy.

But carry on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Calling UNT smarter in any athletic decision than UT is just plain crazy.

But carry on.

Who said anything about UNT being smarter? I'm talking about the IQ's of those who think the CBI is in any way a legitimate post-season tournament and the pure folly of paying to play in this crap ball of a fake tournament.....but, yes whine on if it makes you feel better.