NCAA says Marshall must limit their Green

NT03

My point being that they would actually extend it to apply to teams that wear green and play on a green field--the color a football field ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND IS SUPPOSED TO BE.

Still doesn't make sense with or without your first post. Sounds more like blanket application of a rule and making sure everyone follows it, no exceptions.

Still doesn't make sense with or without your first post. Sounds more like blanket application of a rule and making sure everyone follows it, no exceptions.

Sure it makes sense . . . those bringing in these alternately-colored fields are doing it to gain an unfair advantage (the stats have been posted somewhere here before--it's ridiculous how home field wins immediately go up when a team installs alternately-colored turf matching their uniform color, a la Boise State, Eastern Washington, etc.). The rule is intended to temper that. North Texas, Marshall, and other teams that wear green and play on green fields are hardly doing it to gain an unfair advantage, especially considering (almost!) every visiting team is used to playing on green fields.

• 2 weeks later...

Did Darrel Royal really change the orange shade of Texas jerseys to burnt orange to better conceal the football or is that story apocryphal? Please advise.

a·poc·ry·phal

/əˈpɒkthinsp.pngthinsp.pngfəl/ Show Spelled [uh-pok-ruh-fuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngl] Show IPA

adjective
1. of doubtful authorship or authenticity.
2. Ecclesiastical .
a. ( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to the Apocrypha.
b. of doubtful sanction; uncanonical.
3. false; spurious: He told an apocryphal story about the sword, but the truth was later revealed.
Even with the definition, I still don't understand exactly what you are asking.
I would think that your statement would be as mythical as Unicorns. I hope that is the correct answer.

a·poc·ry·phal

/əˈpɒkthinsp.pngthinsp.pngfəl/ Show Spelled [uh-pok-ruh-fuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngl] Show IPA

Is the burnt orange story true or not?

adjective

1. of doubtful authorship or authenticity.

2. Ecclesiastical .

a. ( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to the Apocrypha.

b. of doubtful sanction; uncanonical.

3. false; spurious: He told an apocryphal story about the sword, but the truth was later revealed.

Even with the definition, I still don't understand exactly what you are asking.

I would think that your statement would be as mythical as Unicorns. I hope that is the correct answer.

Hopefully this will spur Mac finally agreeing to change our hideous uniforms.

Do I want to know why you have that link?

I think I took a few classes one year when we voted on whether to make black one of the official colors. Schools should have two colors not three.

No sure if it has changed, but officially our "primary" school colors are green and white, though we had/have "secondary colors" that were/are brown and blue. There were a few pieces of apparel in the 90's/00's that showcased that combo.

Well now the NCAA says oops, we really didn't mean to upset YOU, Boise... Of course you can wear all blue on your blue turf!

http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/ncaa-boise-state-football-can-wear-all-blue-uniforms-on-the-blue/

From that article, it seems like the rule about uniform colors was shot down but the one about colors of the numbers was upheld. Is that not the case?