UNT star out of starting lineup

Brett Vito

As much as we're assured everyone likes and respects Benford.... you'd think they'd quit acting up like this. Weird.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Growing us is hard to do. Time to make some grown up decisions TM. One of the most immature players I have seen in some time. A shame that much physical talent was paired with such a mental midget.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

Stupid is as stupid does.

Growing us is hard to do. Time to make some grown up decisions TM. One of the most immature players I have seen in some time. A shame that much physical talent was paired with such a mental midget.

I don't like Benford much either...but I think "mental midget" is a bit strong.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

As much as we're assured everyone likes and respects Benford.... you'd think they'd quit acting up like this. Weird.

Has absolutely Zero to do with respect for Benford or not. Has more to do with respect for yourself and your team. But, obviously not too serious...came off the bench pretty early in the game and came in with some fire and passion.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Has absolutely Zero to do with respect for Benford or not. Has more to do with respect for yourself and your team. But, obviously not too serious...came off the bench pretty early in the game and came in with some fire and passion.

At least you didn't insult Emmitt in this post. I'm proud of you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Funny isn't it Kram that if this were a certain other player, the blame for his actions would be squarely on him.? Get him out of here they would say. Doesn't seem to me missing practice or being late consistently is very "lottery" like.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I just look at CJ and Benfords interaction before the game and know that players have his respect. Maybe not "all"... But they do. Stop making excuses for grown men! This team will only get better. Sometimes things take time. Mitchell will mature. He is a beast for us onthe glass and the defensive end. Everyone needs to make better decisions and it will all come together.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Honestly I could give a rats ass if TM goes to class... I mean really, what is he going to learn in underwater basket weaving.. His career is on the court not the classroom.. Yes you can say everything about school, but his career is basketball, not biology.

College is supposed to help you get to the next level... Yes you have responsibilities but punish him in practice

If he's that big of a liability then just let him go. Like I said before, you can't turn a whore into a house wife

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I just look at CJ and Benfords interaction before the game and know that players have his respect. Maybe not "all"... But they do. Stop making excuses for grown men! This team will only get better. Sometimes things take time. Mitchell will mature. He is a beast for us onthe glass and the defensive end. Everyone needs to make better decisions and it will all come together.

Mitchell had 4 boards tonight.

I really, really, really don't like to throw around personal insults on this board.

But you're not very smart.

• Upvote 5

Grown Men.... Really, Grown Men. You have to be effing kidding me... Very few 18-21 year old are maturity enough to be called grown men.. I will be honest, I wasn't and neither were you, and neither were a lot of us. I'm 25 with a great career and I wouldn't even call myself a grown man.

The only thing grown about them is there height, not there maturity

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 2

I really, really, really don't like to throw around personal insults on this board.

But you're an idiot.

Mitchell could be a beast on the boards if he had defensive help down low, but most of the time we play 3 guards, and a small forward with Mitchell. Mitchell then tries to help and block most shots which takes him out of rebounding positioning. The key to last nights win was Niko on the defensive boards down the stretch. He had several big rebounds while both teams were missing shots keeping 2nd chance points away from FAU.

• Upvote 2

But you're an idiot.

does mitchell lead the nation in goaltending? he's good for a few a game, but i don't see it that often in other games i watch.

• Upvote 1

At least you didn't insult Emmitt in this post. I'm proud of you.

Are you also now going to post that at least Emmitt didn't insult me in this thread...yet? Are you not just as proud of Emmitt?

I feel the best thing for UNT basketball is for Tony Mitchell to move on. He's a good kid and a good player...but I'd happily take a player like Odufua, Franklin, Calvin Watson, etc. They work their tails off, give it 100% and aren't lazy and I don't remember seeing them whine. I wish nothing but the best for Tony in his future career...basketball or not.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

People gush over Franklin, rightly so; but don't realize that without Mitchell; he would not be close to as effective. I guess it is more fashionable to get down on Mitchell because he is not "all world" like we thought he would be. Actually NT has moved away as Mitchell as their number one offensive option is playing a little better.

IMO, Mitchell is playing out of position with a Coach that has no idea how to use him. I do think that Mitchell has been pressing most of the year and he is now only a fraction of what he could be, but that fraction is still a pretty good player.

• Upvote 3