GMG.com as a measure of fan interest

jdennis82

I'd be curious to know what the site stats reveal about the level of interest in the football/basketball programs.

Have there been noticeable trends?

Obviously, big events likely show large spikes in site activity but I wonder how pronounced is the decline in volume on the hoops board this season?

Of course, this info would primarily measure the temperature of fans who are the most invested (financially, emotionally, and otherwise) but is likely an indicator of the casual/fringe fan as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd be curious to know what the site stats reveal about the level of interest in the football/basketball programs.

Have there been noticeable trends?

Obviously, big events likely show large spikes in site activity but I wonder how pronounced is the decline in volume on the hoops board this season?

Of course, this info would primarily measure the temperature of fans who are the most invested (financially, emotionally, and otherwise) but is likely an indicator of the casual/fringe fan as well.

Traffic is growing on GMG every year. I can share specifics at a later time but as you indicated there are big spikes in August and September due to football, basketball, recruiting, spring football and other newsworthy events. December is becoming a big month traffic wise in general. Obviously the summer months things cool off. What's interesting is that basketball hasn't dipped too much...you find that even when things are down you get more passionate responses which can generate more traffic. I'll try to get a summary from Google analytics for everyone to see.