I renewed my MGC membership today.

oldguystudent

Just renewed.

Also, on a kinda related note, I just got the little flier card thingy in the mail advertising season tickets. I was VERY excited by the home slate before...but, somehow, seeing the logos of the teams we're bringing into Apogee bumped the happy level up a notch. My ONLY complaint is that the school names aren't included with the logos. UTEP and UTSA are obvious because the logo is the school abbreviation, but I have to hope people know that the Old English "R" is Rice or that the little red bird head is Ball State. Again, minor complaint, I just think this slate has the potential to shatter ticket sales records and we've gotta capitalize!

• Upvote 2

Just renewed.

Also, on a kinda related note, I just got the little flier card thingy in the mail advertising season tickets. I was VERY excited by the home slate before...but, somehow, seeing the logos of the teams we're bringing into Apogee bumped the happy level up a notch. My ONLY complaint is that the school names aren't included with the logos. UTEP and UTSA are obvious because the logo is the school abbreviation, but I have to hope people know that the Old English "R" is Rice or that the little red bird head is Ball State. Again, minor complaint, I just think this slate has the potential to shatter ticket sales records and we've gotta capitalize!

There is not one game on that Apogee home slate next season is that I am ho-hum about. Even Middle gets me excited because it's a chance to set things straight with their sexy, sorry arses... show em there's a new sheriff in town now and there days of owning us are over.

There is not one game on that Apogee home slate next season is that I am ho-hum about. Even Middle gets me excited because it's a chance to set things straight with their sexy, sorry arses... show em there's a new sheriff in town now and there days of owning us are over.

I figure Lance showed them that during their first visit to Apogee.

• Upvote 1

Just renewed.

Thank you! Your continued support is very much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

As if to prove my point, my wife said to me at breakfast this morning "we play giant R on Halloween. The game closest to your birthday is big yellow bird head on the 26th". Hard to sell tickets if people don't know who you're playing.

And my wife's response to us playing on Halloween night? "Guess we'll miss that one. I'm not gonna make my kid miss trick-or-treating for a football game. And driving 45 minutes on a school night? Not gonna happen". And, no, the Apogee trick-or-treat idea didn't fly either. We sold our souls for regional TV.

• Upvote 1

On a bit of a related note to Emmitt's point regarding the school logos...Is it possible to have each teams logoed flag flying at the top of Apogee? I know I have seen pennants in the school color with the school name listed inside, I.e. blue pennant Rice name in white inside, orange pennant UTEP name in blue inside...But it would be really impressive if we had the actual flags from each school flying - East on one side and West on the other. Watching the Ole Miss game a few weeks back they actually had each SEC school's flag hanging in the rafters - thought that was cool.

Lastly, because our Green Brigade does such an awesome march into the stadium each game, let's have the flag people or whoever carry in the logoed flags of each conference mate. This would be an excellent educational opportunity for our casual Mean Green fans and impressive for the visitors. I believe the Texas band does or did that at some point. I mean we have a huge opportunity to sell new Conference brand, impress our peer institutions with class and welcoming warmth and trumpet just how happy we are to be in CUSA. I am not sure there are a happier group of fans about joining a new league anywhere! We also have this inaugural season to make that incredible first impression.

Sorry for the hijack in this thread but these hospitality ideas keep flowing and I insert them into threads when the opportunity presents itself.

GMG

As if to prove my point, my wife said to me at breakfast this morning "we play giant R on Halloween. The game closest to your birthday is big yellow bird head on the 26th". Hard to sell tickets if people don't know who you're playing.

And my wife's response to us playing on Halloween night? "Guess we'll miss that one. I'm not gonna make my kid miss trick-or-treating for a football game. And driving 45 minutes on a school night? Not gonna happen". And, no, the Apogee trick-or-treat idea didn't fly either. We sold our souls for regional TV.

Heck, bring 'em and let them trick or treat in Denton!

• Upvote 2

Heck, bring 'em and let them trick or treat in Denton!

That's my point. Neither my wife, or my daughter, have any interest in driving 45 minutes (at minimum) to Denton at 5pm on a Thursday night...a school night no less. And they're in a very very pro-NT family. We (meaning NT) have to start realizing that we are NOT a priority for people yet...look at our attendance in a new stadium...so we have to make the choice to attend games easier and not harder. Otherwise, we'll have plenty of room and quiet to talk to our fellow die hards each home game.

• Upvote 1

That's my point. Neither my wife, or my daughter, have any interest in driving 45 minutes (at minimum) to Denton at 5pm on a Thursday night...a school night no less. And they're in a very very pro-NT family. We (meaning NT) have to start realizing that we are NOT a priority for people yet...look at our attendance in a new stadium...so we have to make the choice to attend games easier and not harder. Otherwise, we'll have plenty of room and quiet to talk to our fellow die hards each home game.

Oh, and I love the flags across the top of the student side idea. Might be hard to get them up on the alumni side with the pressbox and all.

• Upvote 1

Wait a minute...MTSU has a losing record against us. And we all remember their last visit 2 seasons ago.

• Upvote 1