Rice Game vs, UNT on Halloween - National TV!

CaliMeanGreen

If the "real fans" make sure their tickets are used, thereby "replacing themselves", are the replacement fans granted automatic "real fan" status or are the "real fans" who "replaced themselves" deemed to be even "realer" fans because they made sure their tickets were used? I endeavor in my life to " keep it real" and any opportunity to be even "realer" is embraced with open arms.

What if the replacement fans are not fans at all, but dogs. Furthermore, each respective dog keeps a blog. Would a dog with a blog be more valuable than KRAM if he were to suddenly be unable to attend? If not, how many dogs with blogs would it take to replace KRAM? Please note that each dog with a blog promises to write a game story within 2 days.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What if the replacement fans are not fans at all, but dogs. Furthermore, each respective dog keeps a blog. Would a dog with a blog be more valuable than KRAM if he were to suddenly be unable to attend? If not, how many dogs with blogs would it take to replace KRAM? Please note that each dog with a blog promises to write a game story within 2 days.

Can you make this into a list?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You might want to rethink the dog thing.

My English Setter is no longer allowed to use a computer as she has broken 2 laptops already.(really) While she would sit patiently like in a duck blind and point things out like when she quail hunts, she would also charge the field every time the cannon goes off.

Also think of the fiasco caused by all the fans with retrievers. Every time the refs throw flags they would have to go into the stands to get them back.

• Upvote 2

So let me get this "straight." We are "playing" a game on "hallow"ee"n". I should "be" excited because it is on "na"tional television. I should also "no"t be excited because something something kids can't get gigantic amounts of cand"y" while dressed up as "sp"iderman.

Also I think someone used 'to the max' pretty un-ironically.

Everything is awful. I'll get more coffee now.

Basically, it breaks down like this:

If you're a student, you need to be there. Dress up as a zombie and make the student section a "Zombie Apocalypse" or something.

If you don't have kids, and you live in the DFW area, you need to be there. You can handle it.

If you have kids and you live somewhat close to Denton, you need to be there, especially if there are gameday festivities including trick-or-treating.

If you have kids and you live far away from Denton (> 30 min drive), you must use your discretion, and there's no wrong answer here. It's not about the trick-or-treating and other festivities, it's about school the next day.

Unlikely. The Fraternities and Sororities will be drinking elsewhere before and during the game because tailgating with your chapter is a Greek activity. They will watch it from bars down the street from Apogee. Reality...

I guess that pretty well makes a statement about the mentality of today's fraternities. Instead of foregoing drinking for a few hours it becomes more important to drink than to attend a function of the university. There will be plenty of other chances to party.

Another thought is that you could still tailgate as long as you didn't put up the Greek letters. Who would know that you were a fraternity? Even invite some non-members so you could legitimately say that this was not a fraternity function if asked.

Throughout life you will often be confronted with rules that you think are unfair or do not wish to follow.

If the "real fans" make sure their tickets are used, thereby "replacing themselves", are the replacement fans granted automatic "real fan" status or are the "real fans" who "replaced themselves" deemed to be even "realer" fans because they made sure their tickets were used? I endeavor in my life to " keep it real" and any opportunity to be even "realer" is embraced with open arms.

Really?

• Upvote 3

Attendance-wise, this has failure written all over it. General Local Football Fan will definitely not be there. I love Halloween with my kids. I haven't missed a home game since 2001 and I am seriously thinking about skipping this one.

Students will probably do a decent job of showing up, so it may look OK on TV.

Attendance-wise, this has failure written all over it. General Local Football Fan will definitely not be there. I love Halloween with my kids. I haven't missed a home game since 2001 and I am seriously thinking about skipping this one.

Students will probably do a decent job of showing up, so it may look OK on TV.

****************ATTENTION UNT ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT!******************

Please understand that this is a prevailing thought.

You must do something (partnered with the University as a whole) to attract fans who will skip your nationally televised game unless there are Halloween festivities for their children to enjoy.

I have the utmost faith that you will.

Why do people keep saying this is on national TV???!

Isn't it? I mean, that's the title of the thread. :blink:

Do we know with 100% certainty what channel/channels this game is going to be broadcast on?

C-USA has a deal with Fox, so we know it's going to be on one of the Fox network's channels.

I HIGHLY doubt they are going to put the game on Fox, the flagship network.

But it will probably be on FSSW (which is certainly not national, but regional), and since it's probably going to be one of, if not the only games that night, it may also be on other Fox Sports networks (it may not be picked up across all of the FS networks, so it may not be fully national).

Or,

It could be on FX, which I would contend is national, equatable to a game on ESPN2 or something.

Since, according to this board, being on ESPN3 (i.e., available on the Internet only to those who have Internet service with a select few providers) constitutes being on "national television," no words have any actual meaning.

Is it going to be on ESPN3?

If so, really glad I will be at Apogee for the game...Well, I would be just as happy to be at Apogee for the game if it were on Channel 8 or ESPN itself for that matter.

• Upvote 2

If it's on the Fox family of networks, it would probably be shown in most regions. I have FSNAZ here and they play all sorts of random stuff on weekdays if there isn't anything AZ or PAC-10 related going on.

If we can't even get close to selling out a crowd for an ESPN2 game (literally we almost gave tickets away they were so cheap), how in the world do some people think we'll do better on Halloween? Yes, we're playing Rice, however I beleive the last time we played Rice, we did not sell out, and that was on a Saturday. Free candy at Apogee stadium will not entice very many families to come out when they can get free candy in their neighborhodod. Seriously, can you imagine taking your 5 year old trick-or-treating at Apogee then trying to get him/her to sit still for the next 3 hours so the parent can watch a football game? This has fail written all over it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From the CUSA website, which is as of January 30...

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2

East Carolina at FIU

Tulane at Florida Atlantic

Southern Miss at Marshall

Middle Tennessee at UAB

Rice at North Texas

UTSA at Tulsa

UTEP at Texas A&M

Also from the same website...

A schedule of televised games will be released at a later date. Conference USA's national television partners are Fox Sports Media Group and CBS Sports Network for regular season games. The league's ninth annual Championship Game, pitting the champions of the East and West Divisions, is scheduled for Saturday, December 7 and will be televised by ESPN or ESPN 2.