Western Kentucky (2/7/13)

CMJ

Yea, Mitchell's fouls were Benford's fault. Jordan and Roger continue to out hustle the lottery pick.

Didn't think a couple of mitchells fouls were fair. But that's the way it goes. None of these 4 guys on the floor right now can be blamed at this point anymore: alzee, tony, Jordan, roger. They are the team. Niko needs some more consistency, pj needs some more range, Clarke needs to find a stroke. Coleman needs to play like he's one of the biggest guys on the court without blatantly shoving people.

This season is just being played out now. Holman gave it a go and Patton gave it a go. There isn't much to do unless someone outside of those 4 guys finds some kind of crazy streak in hot springs.

• Upvote 2

Yea, Mitchell's fouls were Benford's fault. Jordan and Roger continue to out hustle the lottery pick.

You really think that Benford isn't to blame for taking a talented team and turning that into a team barely above .300? .320 is a fine batting average but its a toilet bowl winning percentage in any sport.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

at this point the issue is the injuries. We did get blownout, but fatigue definitely set in and we feel apart. Losing hope for this season but I nice return by Chris jones and a win in hot springs could turn it all around.

Still wondering if Mitchell will be back next year. I am sure Shawn Marions agent talked to him after the game but his stock has slipped and we all know he is dying to play Chris Jones.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

at this point the issue is the injuries. We did get blownout, but fatigue definitely set in and we feel apart. Losing hope for this season but I nice return by Chris jones and a win in hot springs could turn it all around.

Still wondering if Mitchell will be back next year. I am sure Shawn Marions agent talked to him after the game but his stock has slipped and we all know he is dying to play Chris Jones.

That would be against NCAA rules

• Upvote 2

Hope am agent didn't talk to Tony because hie would be gone now. That is a no no.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You really think that Benford isn't to blame for taking a talented team and turning that into a team barely above .300? .320 is a fine batting average but its a toilet bowl winning percentage in any sport.

I don't care at this point daddy. So I will say you are right. Whatever!!!!!!

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I can admit I do not have extensive knowledge on ncca rules, but why would this be illegal? I am pretty sure it is fairly common for agents to go to games from time to time and often times they bring talent with them to "persuade" if you will.

• Downvote 3

THIS IS COMPLETE CRAP!

We lost at home to LaLa before the injuries set in. We lost on a neutral court to a D2 team before the injuries set in.

I said at the time CJ got hurt that basketball morons and Benford apologists would use injuries as an excuse. Thanks for proving my point.

We win around 8 games if Benford is here next year. Mark it down. 500 at the Pit becomes the norm.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

THIS IS COMPLETE CRAP!

We lost at home to LaLa before the injuries set in. We lost on a neutral court to a D2 team before the injuries set in.

I said at the time CJ got hurt that basketball morons and Benford apologists would use injuries as an excuse. Thanks for proving my point.

We win around 8 games if Benford is here next year. Mark it down. 500 at the Pit becomes the norm.

3 months ago, you repeatedly told me that this would be a 10 win team.

I said you were right that we were in for a rough year, but that just rolling out the basketball and throwing away the chalkboard ought to get us at least a .500 year. 14-15 wins, minimum.

I was wrong, you were right. If you're still coming to games, I owe you a drink.

At this point the chemistry is coming together and players are working within the new "system". If all goes well and everyone comes back minus are seniors and Mitchell we will push 18 wins. You act like I am Benfords biggest fan. He has his faults but it is not all on his shoulders. These ridiculous analogy's comparing this team to baking cookies is so beyond lak of logic it is laughable. Benford has his faults and I am sure we could have hired a better coach but he is the man and he can build this team. If you cannot see the difference in the way this team is playing as of late (minus the blowout) I am unsure you even watch games.

What game plan wise was wrong tonight?

• Downvote 6

Just going to reuse this after every loss.

I'm just copy and pasting bc it's so much easier rather than type out the same things after every game. So here's a classic from earlier in the season:

What's amazing is just how this team has regressed so much from last season even though we added JW and CJ. People say that JJ didn't "run an offenfensive system". THEN LET'S GO BACK TO THAT!!!! Because whatever the hell Benford is trying to run is obviously not working. Square peg(players) round hole(system). You know what you have the one peg that can't change this season, the players, but you have the chance to change the hole/system to make it work. Figure it out Benford. Sweet jesus this is just infuriating. I've never been so excited for any UNT athletic team as I was for this one headed into the season. We may not win 8 games this year. You can spout off all you want about the players not playing to the system or not buying in or not being smart enough play a sophisticated system or being to "street" to run sets. Fine then. Let's go with any of those reasons/excuses, whatever you want to call them. But look at what this team did last season with less!!! If all JJ did was roll the ball out there and tell them to go play then lets fucking get back to that!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH

GRRRRRRR

URGHGHGHGGHHG

FHFHFBJPODGSKBKJ:DSFBKJ:DFSBKJ:LSDFBKJ:LSDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deep breath

sigh

end of rant

• Upvote 1

At this point the chemistry is coming together and players are working within the new "system". If all goes well and everyone comes back minus are seniors and Mitchell we will push 18 wins. You act like I am Benfords biggest fan. He has his faults but it is not all on his shoulders. These ridiculous analogy's comparing this team to baking cookies is so beyond lak of logic it is laughable. Benford has his faults and I am sure we could have hired a better coach but he is the man and he can build this team. If you cannot see the difference in the way this team is playing as of late (minus the blowout) I am unsure you even watch games.

the part where we scored less points then them

• Upvote 2

Everyone graded out perfectly tonight. Made the right reads and audibles.
  • Upvote 4

Tonights observations

First, the most meaningful game

The girls were beat bad by a very good WKU team

WKU pretty much stopped Hyder's offensive game, and the guards were not hitting

WKU seem to hit all their shots in the second half

Other than hitting free throws, it was not NT's night

Again WKU played very well, they looked better than MTSU to me

The better game

NT and Mitchell started out very good

Mitchell hit his first 3 and than decided he should camp out outside and missed his next five

I have no idea why Mitchell can't get more inside shots, he was not even doubled that much in this game

I bet the opposing coaches love Mitchell wandering around the circle

Another good game by Alzee

Although he had a terrible stat line, I think Coleman had his best game

Colemen is big and can run, he just is too uncoordinated, hopefully he can mature out of it

NT is playing better but can't close out a game

Attendance for both games pitiful

Why has NT stopped putting the opponent's players height in the program, they include NT's which most know

Stat broad didn't work in ether game

I know it helps attendance and serves a purpose and I will be damned for saying it, but I am tired of dribbling exhibitions for half time enjoyment

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

Tonights observations

First, the most meaningful game

The girls were beat bad by a very good WKU team

WKU pretty much stopped Hyder's offensive game, and the guards were not hitting

WKU seem to hit all their shots in the second half

Other than hitting free throws, it was not NT's night

Again WKU played very well, they looked better than MTSU to me

The better game

NT and Mitchell started out very good

Mitchell hit his first 3 and than decided he should camp out outside and missed his next five

I have no idea why Mitchell can't get more inside shots, he was not even doubled that much in this game

I bet the opposing coaches love Mitchell wandering around the circle

Another good game by Alzee

Although he had a terrible stat line, I think Coleman had his best game

Colemen is big and can run, he just is too uncoordinated, hopefully he can mature out of it

NT is playing better but can't close out a game

Attendance for both games pitiful

Why has NT stopped putting the opponent's players height in the program, they include NT's which most know

Stat broad didn't work in ether game

I know it helps attendance and serves a purpose and I will be damned for saying it, but I am tired of dribbling exhibitions for half time enjoyment

Attendance, well the only basketball team that is competitive is the women, and attendance will probably always be awful for them. (5:00 tips on week nights probably don't help, but I doubt that's the main issue). The men haven't given people a reason to come watch, it's just about like it was 5 years ago-just the die hard fans. 5 years ago they deserved better, this team should have deserved better but that too has been benford'd.

I don't like the missing height thing either, but that's not even the easiest thing they messed up tonight. The standings on the men's game sheet sure as hell wasn't right, pretty sure those were the women's standings. Even our sports info people have lost interest now!