UNT 2013 Red Shirts

MeanGreen61

I would tell you to look at the official roster which has been updated, however I see a lot of what I think are errors.

I will take a guess

wr Lancaster

wr Scrapps

OL Renfro

OL Trussell

OL Feldt

OL Kirby (non scholarship)

DE Roberts

DE Horton

DE Dilonga

DT Watson

DT Haboul

DT Wallace

DT McDorman

DB Kelly

DB Jarvis

RB Rollins

Edited by GrandGreen

I would tell you to look at the official roster which has been updated, however I see a lot of what I think are errors.

I will take a guess

wr Lancaster

wr Scrapps

OL Renfro

OL Trussell

OL Feldt

DE Horton

DE Dilonga

DT Watson

DT Haboul

DT Wallace

DT McDorman

DB Kelly

DB Jarvis

RB Rollins

I thought Haboul was a walkon, or preferred walkon as well?

Coming out of red-shirt. How many red-shirt freshmen will we have ? Positions, other info...................thanks.

Here is my list, for what it's worth...

RB - 2 M. Lewis, Rollins

WR - 2 Lancaster, Schrapps

OL - 5 B. Feldt, Rentfro, Trussel, Ellard, M. Thompson

DL - 8 Dilonga, Haboul, Horton, McDorman, A. Orr, Roberts, Wallace, Watson

DB - 2 Jarvis, Kelly

These are the ones that I show that have yet to appear in a game. There are some others that have not played their position but have contributed on special teams. At least three of the above have served freshmen years and redshirt years, meaning they only have three years to play.

I will take a guess

wr Lancaster

wr Scrapps

OL Renfro

OL Trussell

OL Feldt

DE Roberts

DE Horton

DE Dilonga

DT Watson

DT Haboul

DT Wallace

DT McDorman

DB Kelly

DB Jarvis

RB Rollins

Nope, Rollins played last year.......

Here is my list, for what it's worth...

RB - 2 M. Lewis, Rollins

WR - 2 Lancaster, Schrapps

OL - 5 B. Feldt, Rentfro, Trussel, Ellard, M. Thompson

DL - 8 Dilonga, Haboul, Horton, McDorman, A. Orr, Roberts, Wallace, Watson

DB - 2 Jarvis, Kelly

These are the ones that I show that have yet to appear in a game. There are some others that have not played their position but have contributed on special teams. At least three of the above have served freshmen years and redshirt years, meaning they only have three years to play.

Ellard and Micah Thompson were Redshirt Freshman last year.

That's a lot -- I only see 4 walk-ons on that list. Have we ever had that many Redshirts coming into the program at one time?

That's 19 new scholarship players...participating in spring.

Plus the mid term juco and transfer players...

This team may have a lot of starters returning but the competition and depth will be much different.

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&SORT_ORDER=5&Q_SEASON=2013&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

That's a lot -- I only see 4 walk-ons on that list. Have we ever had that many Redshirts coming into the program at one time?

That's 19 new scholarship players...participating in spring.

Plus the mid term juco and transfer players...

This team may have a lot of starters returning but the competition and depth will be much different.

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&SORT_ORDER=5&Q_SEASON=2013&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

This is the type of system we can be successful with. Develop ! I believe off season and Coach Wintrech are crucial . Also the walk on program should be the best in North Texas, because of location, facilities and tuition cost !

• WR Brady Brown's dad played football at North Texas.

Anyone know a Brown that played football at North Texas back in the day? Probably a pretty tall guy!

WR David Brown? Or RB Terrance Brown? I'm guessing they'd be a little on the young side to have a 20-21 year old son, but it's certainly possible.

EDIT: Well, never mind . . . I just looked at his profile, and if he is David's or Terrance's son. . . . he sure doesn't look like his daddy.

6837161.jpeg

Personal

Brady Jackson Brown... Son of Kevin Brown

and Vandi Brown... Has two brothers, Cole and Clint... Born April 12,

1991 in Dallas... Dad works in sales... Dad also played football at

North Texas... Enjoys fishing, go-kart racing and juggling.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Brady Brown has been working out in the team's off-season conditioning program...he's currently ranked 29th out of 97.

I'm hoping Brown sticks around...he was pretty well regarded out of high school, he's apparently just had some issues with injuries throughout his career and was never really able to make a mark at Vandy. Between Brown, Terrell and Darnell Smith we may be pretty settled at outside receiver.

• Upvote 1

WR David Brown? Or RB Terrance Brown? I'm guessing they'd be a little on the young side to have a 20-21 year old son, but it's certainly possible.

EDIT: Well, never mind . . . I just looked at his profile, and if he is David's or Terrance's son. . . . he sure doesn't look like his daddy.

6837161.jpeg

Personal

Brady Jackson Brown... Son of Kevin Brown

and Vandi Brown... Has two brothers, Cole and Clint... Born April 12,

1991 in Dallas... Dad works in sales... Dad also played football at

North Texas... Enjoys fishing, go-kart racing and juggling.

According to the 2005 media guide, Kevin Brown played (or lettered) one year.....1979.

• Upvote 1