Eli Young Band competes at the Grammy Awards

I gotta think they'd give the University a mega discount. They've just gotta hammer it out WAY in advance because those guys are booked.

Hope you are correct...but many of our great music school attendees and grads HAVE in fact been contacted by various groups around the university over many years to help with a performance and maybe even provide that performance for a discounted price to help with one area or another...you might be a tad shocked at the response often given to those requests...even when made more than a year in advance. Hope the Eli Young Band might be different...I understand they made a video for the university when at Apogee recently...don't know when/if it will be shown or where, but thought it was going to be shown at Apogee on the big board. Maybe I missed it.

These guys are very good. Love the Eli Young Band and they do seem to be pro-UNT. Keeping my fingers crossed.

And, just to be clear...many of the fine music school grads do, indeed, come back and do benefits for UNT and provide very valuable assistance...they just might not be the ones that the "general public" knows too much about. But, these artists do great things for UNT. So, everyone should be very grateful and more folks should be aware of how many do help. And, too bad more folks don't know of these folks. Very generous and very talented members of the great Mean Green Nation....doing very nice things for their university!

Hope you are correct...but many of our great music school attendees and grads HAVE in fact been contacted by various groups around the university over many years to help with a performance and maybe even provide that performance for a discounted price to help with one area or another...you might be a tad shocked at the response often given to those requests...even when made more than a year in advance. Hope the Eli Young Band might be different...I understand they made a video for the university when at Apogee recently...don't know when/if it will be shown or where, but thought it was going to be shown at Apogee on the big board. Maybe I missed it.

These guys are very good. Love the Eli Young Band and they do seem to be pro-UNT. Keeping my fingers crossed.

And, just to be clear...many of the fine music school grads do, indeed, come back and do benefits for UNT and provide very valuable assistance...they just might not be the ones that the "general public" knows too much about. But, these artists do great things for UNT. So, everyone should be very grateful and more folks should be aware of how many do help. And, too bad more folks don't know of these folks. Very generous and very talented members of the great Mean Green Nation....doing very nice things for their university!

Right.

I'm just saying, Mike used to work in the student activities office while I was on campus, and I believe these guys were active in greek life and other student orgs.

These are not just musicians who came here for the music school, then left without connecting to the University like Norah Jones and Don Henley.

And I saw a quick little, "Hi, we're Eli Young, Go Mean Green!", video from them at either the S.Alabama or the AR St game. It wasn't anything big. I'm pretty sure they shot a music video on campus that weekend and just did a little "Go Mean Green" video on the side.