Kahlee Woods to Texas Tech

laxtonto

B.S. I can't say this enough, but these ratings are used to sell subscriptions. Nobody knows how these kids will turn out 2 or 3 years down the road. Nobody wanted Cobbs, Quinn, Fitzgerald, Kassell or Hurd to name a few. None of you, as an 18 year old, would have signed here over offers from OU, TCU or Tech. Winning will cure alot of the woes around here.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Dear UNTBowler,

Remind us again how this is all Todd Dodge and not a simple continuation of vastly underperforming in recruiting...despite a new stadium...despite a new conference...despite a higher paid coaching staff...despite...

Dear emmitt,

Tell me who we should be getting commits from? Should we be winning battles with OU, TCU and Tech at this point?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dear emmitt,

Tell me who we should be getting commits from? Should we be winning battles with OU, TCU and Tech at this point?

No we shouldn't beat those schools listed, but when Texas State is blowing you out in recruiting and you are having trouble recruiting to the DFW area against schools in Arkansas and Louisiana that aren't in the SEC, it's beyond maddening to try and understand why we can't recruit here, no matter who the coach is, the conference we play in, or even more disappointing, the stadium we play

• Upvote 2

Dear emmitt,

Dear UNTLifer,

Could we start with winning recruiting battles against ULM, Tulane, UTSA, Ark State, or how about simply not winning battles where no other coach saw fit to even enter in the competition? Is that too much to ask? I know it doesn't serve your hard on with combatting (lamely) my every post...but let's start at the bottom of the barrel (since that's where we all seem to think SBC schools are), and let's outrecruit them with our better facilities, better budget, better conference and supposed better coaches. Or I guess we could go back to championing the fact that these kids were all district in 1 or 2A...yet nobody else could see their inner magic quite like we could.

Or, let's trot out the names of a handful of players who "beat the odds" at North Texas...and are either from teams at least a decade ago, or are from teams that haven't seen the upper side of .500 in eight seasons and counting. That has worked ever so well for a while...hey, we do have traditions!

Or, let's talk about how ratings services are inherently biased and meaningless. So meaningless that we get upset when kids lose "stars" when they commit to us. So meaningless that the VERY few teams who have taken lowly regarded kids and broken through (Boise State) are now looked upon as a massive success story to the point that everyone wants to be the "next Boise State". But let's ignore that Boise didnt really build their way to the BCS by taking on kids who fell through the cracks...let's not let facts ruin a good fairy tale. Oh, and let's ignore the BLATANT hypocrisy we will show should one of our recruits get that magical third star, because then we'll trumpet it on every message board where anyone dares to question our awesome "potential".

Now, where did I leave that post where I foretold how each and every season around here has gone and will go. Are we to the "holy geez, did you see our players lift weights on a youtube video" stage yet? That will keep this place buzzing until at least spring ball.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Dear UNTLifer,

Could we start with winning recruiting battles against ULM, Tulane, UTSA, Ark State, or how about simply not winning battles where no other coach saw fit to even enter in the competition? Is that too much to ask? I know it doesn't serve your hard on with combatting (lamely) my every post...but let's start at the bottom of the barrel (since that's where we all seem to think SBC schools are), and let's outrecruit them with our better facilities, better budget, better conference and supposed better coaches. Or I guess we could go back to championing the fact that these kids were all district in 1 or 2A...yet nobody else could see their inner magic quite like we could.

Or, let's trot out the names of a handful of players who "beat the odds" at North Texas...and are either from teams at least a decade ago, or are from teams that haven't seen the upper side of .500 in eight seasons and counting. That has worked ever so well for a while...hey, we do have traditions!

Or, let's talk about how ratings services are inherently biased and meaningless. So meaningless that we get upset when kids lose "stars" when they commit to us. So meaningless that the VERY few teams who have taken lowly regarded kids and broken through (Boise State) are now looked upon as a massive success story to the point that everyone wants to be the "next Boise State". But let's ignore that Boise didnt really build their way to the BCS by taking on kids who fell through the cracks...let's not let facts ruin a good fairy tale. Oh, and let's ignore the BLATANT hypocrisy we will show should one of our recruits get that magical third star, because then we'll trumpet it on every message board where anyone dares to question our awesome "potential".

Now, where did I leave that post where I foretold how each and every season around here has gone and will go. Are we to the "holy geez, did you see our players lift weights on a youtube video" stage yet? That will keep this place buzzing until at least spring ball.

And you left out how we email Rivals and demand an answer when one of our recruits is downgraded from 3 to 2 stars.

I just dream of the day when we can out-recruit NE Louisiana St University.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dear UNTLifer,

Considering I don't see where we've lost anyone to ULM, UTSA or Arkansas State, I'm not sure your first sentence holds water. I'll give you Tulane, but when we are losing kids that are local to Tulane, I just don't see what we should be getting worked up about. Then again, I'm sure you are privy to recruiting information that nobody else is. Considering that Rivals has yet to list our QB commit Williams even though he has been committed for months tells me all I need to know about recruiting services. That, and the fact that they do upgrade and downgrade the ratings of these young men depending on where they end up discredits their service, at least in my eyes. I don't get upset, but I thought it deserved an explaination, which was pretty weak on their part, and it explains another reason why I don't put too much stock in their service. I sent the email to see if they could explain how this occurs, which was far from a demand. Their reply told me all I needed to know and confirmed what I already thought, at least of Rivals.

I could list numerous players the "recruiting services" were wrong about, but you can take the few I listed and call it "trot out the names of a handful of players who "beat the odds" at North Texas and make your typical condescending comments to suit your post. I don't, as you probably wish, have a "hard on with combatting (lamely) your every post, but I grow tired of the condescending nature of your replies to everyone. I'll just do as others that have commented on your constant negativety and stop replying to your comments.

I guess the fact that a select few, UNT90's post above for instance, constantly bash every little thing our AD and University do, or their actions don't meet with your approval has grown old. The truth of the matter is that none of us know what goes on behind the scenes. And to top that off by criticizing the coaching staff over who is committing to us, which is indirectly criticizing the 18 year olds that are excited about this committment, is beyond me. All I have ever stated is to give these kids a chance. I listed the players above to make the point that you all would have criticized their signings at the time based upon your comments today.

• Upvote 4

For people who state “I don’t get why anyone would be glad/proud to make it to a Bowl Game with as few as 6 wins...” This is the EXACT reason right here folks…6 wins doesn’t make you World Champs, but a measly 6 wins makes ALL the difference in the world when it comes to recruiting. The difference between 4 wins and 6 wins (yes, I know, it’s 2 for all you math majors) can have a HUGE ripple effect when a recruit is about to sign on the dotted line. Just being able to say “We went to a bowl game last year” can sway a kid’s decision. And sometime that kid is DAMN good. If you lose key games on the field, you can lose key kids when a recruiter is sitting in a living room with mom and dad…

• Upvote 3