Brady post game interview

NT03

Grounds for termination??

No way.

But, this is probably going to get one or both coaches a reprimand from the conference, and it ought to lead to at least a one game suspension for Benford. Shanice got suspended for just chasing after a ref... Here, our coach actually cursed and had to be physically restrained from their coach, on the court during the game.

Just this year, Sean Woods got suspended for a game for yelling at his own player during a game. Mike Rice got suspended for three games (and fined 50k) for cursing and inappropriate behavior.

I definitely expect a suspension somewhere in that range (1-3 games) and hopefully a fine that we can sock away for the inevitable buyout somewhere down the line.

Noticed that Brady went to great lengths to say he doesn't hassle other coaches or players. No mention of refs. So bonus points for honesty. :thumbsu:

I'm not happy with Brady because that's his weak point. He cost us a chance in the Sun Belt tournament the year Trey Finn blew his knee in practice between the end of the regular season and the tournament by getting a technical when UALR assistant Joe Kleine kept coming out of the box and then during a stop in the action was on the court a few feet and got in an ASU player's face yelling. Brady went bonkers and the technical free throws and possession put us down four.

My prediction.

After the storm caused by MTSU's bowl snub, Benson won't do anything to Benford for fear that there will be blowback accusing him of not treating the departing schools fairly.

He his already wildly unpopular in Jonesboro after the Liberty Bowl fiasco and over-ruling the Sun Belt supervisor of football officials to suspend Q Lee for a helmet to helmet to blow (Alcorn QB ducked as Lee was coming in for the tackle).

So Benson does nothing and its up to RV and Terry Mohajir to straighten out their own coaches.

Noticed that Brady went to great lengths to say he doesn't hassle other coaches or players. No mention of refs. So bonus points for honesty. :thumbsu:

I'm not happy with Brady because that's his weak point. He cost us a chance in the Sun Belt tournament the year Trey Finn blew his knee in practice between the end of the regular season and the tournament by getting a technical when UALR assistant Joe Kleine kept coming out of the box and then during a stop in the action was on the court a few feet and got in an ASU player's face yelling. Brady went bonkers and the technical free throws and possession put us down four.

Not surprised to see a sideline blow up involving Brady. The guy has a history of bad blowups at bad times in a game. I think he got lucky this time the blowup benefited his team.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

haha I remember the Brady era at LSU. It was like a roller coaster...

Did I mention that Brady is a bitch?

• Upvote 1

I've only met Brady a few times away from the on-court/pre/post game action. Really nice guy, reserved almost to the point of being shy. Get him to open up and has great stories.

After Dickie Nutt and his incessant "Hey buddy!" to everyone and his notorious reputation for never buying his own meals and the semi-famous story of Nutt calling a GA telling him to buy a small bottle of Heinz ketchup and bring it to him because the restaurant he was at had Hunt's, Brady is a breath of fresh air.

A friend was in Miami on a road trip against either FIU or FAU and said Brady came over to the small group of ASU fans after the game and asked them to stick around. After the press conference about 15 of them had actually stayed, he chatted with them for a bit and he invited them to dinner at Ruth Chris's 10 of them actually went. Brady picked up the check. More than one ASU student dining out wearing Red Wolf apparel has told of seeing Brady at a restaurant and when time came to pay was told by the waiter or waitress that Coach Brady liked your hat (or jacket or hat) and picked up your check.

Student organizations love him, he asks to speak, to most every year. Doesn't just pitch going to games, he talks about life and making good choices, asks questions about the group, the members, and hangs around to visit.

Like I said, the guy will blow a game for you and often goes ape during games but he's a pretty decent guy.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion, the most embarassing part of that video is giving up 4 offensive rebounds in 1 possession. Yeah Benford got pissed off and had words with Brady, its not that big of a deal, this isn't the 1st time I've seen coaches have words and it won't be the last. I am not taking up for Benford, but this is being blown way out of proportion.

In my opinion, the most embarassing part of that video is giving up 4 offensive rebounds in 1 possession. Yeah Benford got pissed off and had words with Brady, its not that big of a deal, this isn't the 1st time I've seen coaches have words and it won't be the last. I am not taking up for Benford, but this is being blown way out of proportion.

Yeah, that was a horrible possession.

Stephen Howard‏@meangreen0813

I was 5 feet from Benford. He never said a word to Brady, only asked officials why goaltending call was overturned. Big misunderstanding.

So, on one hand we have Ark State's coach. And his reason to lie would be what exactly?

On the other hand we have an employee of an athletic department that started this dumpster fire and is too scared/broke to put it out.

Hmmmm. NOT saying that anyone is lying, just thinking out loud that perhaps the embarrassment that is Benford Ball has caused PR mode to kick in.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I need to invent something worse than a facepalm. Like a facepalm, but with more face, more palm, significantly more shame and embarrassment.

Like this? This is what I think of every time someone tells me we that...because we're broke and content with less than mediocre...we have two more years of, essentially, no men's sports between football seasons.

http://i.imgur.com/9Ljcc.gif

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

emmit = preacher

myself = choir.

I can't help but think that what this team needs is what my two boys have been exposed to this year. UPWARD BASKETBALL!!!

1.) Fundamentals of Baskteball team play

2.) Fundamentals of Baskteball team play

3.) Scripture learnin'!

Edited by Stan R

emmit = preacher

myself = choir.

I can't help but think that what this team needs is what my two boys have been exposed to this year. UPWARD BASKETBALL!!!

1.) Fundamentals of Baskteball team play

2.) Fundamentals of Baskteball team play

3.) Scripture learnin'!

1. No zone defense allowed. Opponents will have to give a matching wristband to only one player to guard Tony.

There would be no other lesson needed from upward.