American Hero Shot at Gun Range

A very sad situation.... It appears having a gun and being very good with one doesn't automatically protect you... Oddly on my facebook page today a person had earlier posted a "bulletin" stating that you never see people killed at gunranges.... ironic that it happened today..

• Upvote 1

A very sad situation.... It appears having a gun and being very good with one doesn't automatically protect you... Oddly on my facebook page today a person had earlier posted a "bulletin" stating that you never see people killed at gunranges.... ironic that it happened today..

There's no such thing as 100% safe.

Suicides tend to happen at some ranges each year but rarely do you hear of someone being killed by someone else.

There's no such thing as 100% safe.

Suicides tend to happen at some ranges each year but rarely do you hear of someone being killed by someone else.

--- Absolutely agree.... That has been my argument against teachers carrying guns... I feel more people will be killed accidentally that would be saved... [ even knew a lady who dropped hers, it fired, she died ]... I see no problem with guns locked in cars or even locked up in a office... I am very far from anti-gun. ... but there has to be common sense. I have seen too much careless handling of guns..especially by those who grew up in urban environment.... so many seem to think of them as toys..... Rural-types rarely do.

Remember Plexico Burriss ....it was concealed in his pocket and somehow it fired... fortunately no one died... Didn't matter if he legally had it or not.... that isn't the point.... it accidentally fired... it likely would in some teachers' pockets also.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 2

Remember Plexico Burriss ....it was concealed in his pocket and somehow it fired... fortunately no one died... Didn't matter if he legally had it or not.... that isn't the point.... it accidentally fired... it likely would in some teachers' pockets also.

Let's not use a complete idiot as an example in this argument. He said it accidentally fired. He could also have been playing with the trigger in his pocket, causing it to "accidentally" fire. Either way, that guy is a moron of the highest order.

• Upvote 2

Let's not use a complete idiot as an example in this argument. He said it accidentally fired. He could also have been playing with the trigger in his pocket, causing it to "accidentally" fire. Either way, that guy is a moron of the highest order.

---So you think no teacher would accidentally do that. Plus you don't know that he was playing with trigger... not what was said.... plus how often does a teacher's "pocket" bump a desk every day (a lot)... Plaxico a Moron ... maybe ... but we had then had a VP that shot his hunting buddy (so he is a moron?).... bad things would happen. . I guess you think the lady I knew that picked up her coat and dropped her gun was a moron.... not a all... but she died.... accidents happen..... I suppose none of your friends or you ever had an auto accident either.. but if they (or you) did... were they morons??

What you are implying is inane and absurd. Of course people can get shot at a gun range when a crazy person turns the gun on someone before the other can react. This can happen anywhere. This was not a mass shooting. An active shooter situation at a gun range would end very quickly.

Nonetheless this is a senseless tragedy that cost a great American his life.

• Upvote 1

---So you think no teacher would accidentally do that. Plus you don't know that he was playing with trigger... not what was said.... plus how often does a teacher's "pocket" bump a desk every day (a lot)... Plaxico a Moron ... maybe ... but we had then had a VP that shot his hunting buddy (so he is a moron?).... bad things would happen. . I guess you think the lady I knew that picked up her coat and dropped her gun was a moron.... not a all... but she died.... accidents happen..... I suppose none of your friends or you ever had an auto accident either.. but if they (or you) did... were they morons??

If you think guns "magically" fire by themselves, you obviously don't know a thing about the firing mechanisms of modern handguns.

Where are all the cases of concealed carry license holders shooting themselves accidentally? Wouldn't that be the case under your theory?

I think individual school districts should do what they feel is best for their district. It may be the right for for some but not for others.

Shouldn't be an absolute either way.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you think guns "magically" fire by themselves, no obviously don't know a thing about the firing mechanisms of modern handguns.

Where are all the cases Olof concealed carry license holders shooting themselves accidentally? Wouldn't that be the case under your theory?

I think individual school districts should do what they feel is best for their district. It may be the right for for some but not for others.

Shouldn't be an absolute either way.

This guy?

Ever seen a school teacher accidentally step on the gas instead of the brake and park her car in the 7 Eleven? I have. In fact, in 17 years I've seen a teacher and three other individuals park their cars into a building in such a manner, just in Fort Worth alone.

Because of it I've taught my kiddos to never walk in front of someone as they are attempting to pull into a parking space like at the post office, school parking lots etc....

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Ever seen a school teacher accidentally step on the gas instead of the brake and park her car in the 7 Eleven? I have. In fact, in 17 years I've seen a teacher and three other individuals park their cars into a building in such a manner due to such accidents, just in Fort Worth alone.

Because of it I've taught my kiddos to never walk in front of someone as they are attempting to pull into a parking space like at the post office, school parking lots etc....

Rick

Outlaw Fort Worth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And you don't know that he wasn't playing with the trigger. Plaxico could not possibly have been lying in order to save face. Not sure where I said that teachers should be carrying guns. Nor do I read anywhere in my statement that someone I did not know in a situation that I was not familiar with was a moron. Not sure how car accidents factor in here. I think you need to reread my post and not insert your personal commentary into it.

Ever seen a school teacher accidentally step on the gas instead of the brake and park her car in the 7 Eleven? I have. In fact, in 17 years I've seen a teacher and three other individuals park their cars into a building in such a manner, just in Fort Worth alone.

Rick

Very good advice... I'm extremely careful about walking in front of a car that is running.... especially if there is something in front of it to be pinned to.

Even the best of people make mistakes. (foot slips off while looking back for example)

I had an interesting talk with a former green Beret today (Nam). His opinion is as mine is... Assault weapons are for killing people... and a lot in a hurry... should be made only for military/police use.... and guess what... he was raised in a rural area. He also thought teachers had no business with one in classroom... (he has taught..computers and math)... as I do he thinks it is a good idea to have one or so on campus but locked. (his opinion and mine) Soldiers on patrol in Nam often did not have ammo in guns (safety reason) ..but was put in quickly when needed.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

This guy?

"I'm the only one special enough to handle this gun." Boom!!!.

Never gets old.

Love the crowd reaction when the rifle is brought forward. This has been around for at least 6 years. It would be interesting to know what police department he USED to work for.

• Upvote 1

I'm not really in favor of arming teachers( a lot of our teachers seem to be unstable enough to bang students without a gun)... But when was it decided that they would be keeping the guns in their pockets and not in concealed holsters?

Also... Wasn't Plax keeping his piece in the waistband of his sweatpants?

• Upvote 1

Very good advice... I'm extremely careful about walking in front of a car that is running.... especially if there is something in front of it to be pinned to.

Even the best of people make mistakes. (foot slips off while looking back for example)

I had an interesting talk with a former green Beret today (Nam). His opinion is as mine is... Assault weapons are for killing people... and a lot in a hurry... should be made only for military/police use.... and guess what... he was raised in a rural area. He also thought teachers had no business with one in classroom... (he has taught..computers and math)... as I do he thinks it is a good idea to have one or so on campus but locked. (his opinion and mine) Soldiers on patrol in Nam often did not have ammo in guns (safety reason) ..but was put in quickly when needed.

What are you defining as an "assault weapon?"

All guns are made for killing. Adding the term "assault" is redundant. From dictionary.com WEAPON -"any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat, fighting, or war, as a sword, rifle, or cannon."

Samuel Colt said it best: "The great equalizer."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What are you defining as an "assault weapon?"

All guns are made for killing. Adding the term "assault" is redundant. From dictionary.com WEAPON -"any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat, fighting, or war, as a sword, rifle, or cannon."

Samuel Colt said it best: "The great equalizer."

by your definition: stick, rock, lamp, shoe, etc.

• Upvote 1

Chris Kyle's memorial service is Monday at 1:00 at Cowboy's stadium in Arlington. It is open to the public. Westboro Baptist Church plans on protesting it. He's not just a national hero, he's a fellow Texan. People are being asked to attend not only to show their support but shield the family from those horrible so call Christians. I appreciate it.