Meanwhile... at Arkansas St.

golfingomez

Arkansas State has won quite a few games the past few years with players UNT never offered.

Missouri traveled to Troy, Ball State, Bowling Green, Nevada, and New Mexico so they CLEARLY will cancel out and not play at ASU.

This.

Arky State has earned the right to get home games with teams like Mizzou because they have actually done something. Losing a road game at Arky State is not going to hurt MIzzou anymore than it would to lose a road game at Houston or Tulsa.

Mizzou is the type of team we were told that Apogee would give us the opportunity to host. I'm sure it will happen in 2020. Until then, a home game against SMU and Army in OOC will be the marquee home game of the season until then. I think its great we have both of them on our schedule at home, but I am firmly in the camp that also playing a second HOME OOC game against teams like Mizzou, Kansas, K-State, Ole Miss, Colorado, AND IOWA would do a lot for our program and its fanbase that has endured lots of home games against teams that literally no one cares about around here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Arkansas State has won quite a few games the past few years with players UNT never offered.

Darn...and so has OSU, OU, UT, ND, USC, Alabama, Florida, and even LaLa, SMU, Tulsa, Rice, Baylor, A&M, SFA, Monroe and on and on....and UNT has won some games with players that Arky State never offered. I just don't see the point is such comments.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Darn...and so has OSU, OU, UT, ND, USC, Alabama, Florida, and even LaLa, SMU, Tulsa, Rice, Baylor, A&M, SFA, Monroe and on and on....and UNT has won some games with players that Arky State never offered. I just don't see the point is such comments.

Point being that a Texas recruit committed to ASU was mentioned and that was scoffed at because UNT hadn't shown interest.

Over the past five years, ASU has won 55% of its games, UNT 25%. Not drawing interest from UNT is no proven indicator the kid can't play.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Point being that a Texas recruit committed to ASU was mentioned and that was scoffed at because UNT hadn't shown interest.

Over the past five years, ASU has won 55% of its games, UNT 25%. Not drawing interest from UNT is no proven indicator the kid can't play.

Agree 100%...as every university at every level in the nation will tell you...not drawing interest from ANY other school is no proven indicator that the kid can't play. Nor that he can play for that matter. Nor, is it an indicator that the kid would have been a good player for that school HAD the school shown interest and offered him. Same goes for speculating on coaching hires. You dance or not with the ones you have.

Relax, you entirely missed the point. . . . The poster was thinking that we had missed out on a player. The one who didn't think too much of the player had seen him play, and was surprised that y'all offered him. I think we all know better around here than to "scoff" at a player simply because UNT hasn't offered him.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

Relax, you entirely missed the point. . . . The poster was thinking that we had missed out on a player. The one who didn't think too much of the player had seen him play, and was surprised that y'all offered him. I think we all know better around here than to "scoff" at a player simply because UNT hasn't offered him.

Right.

Arkstfan,

If you're looking for player-scoffing because that player was not offered by the scoffer's school, you may want to try this forum:

http://www.ponyfans.com/

In case you didn't notice, we're pulling in mostly 2-star & no-star guys, so we really can't scoff at anyone.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1

Right.

Arkstfan,

If you're looking for player-scoffing because that player was not offered by the scoffer's school, you may want to try this forum:

http://www.ponyfans.com/

In case you didn't notice, we're pulling in mostly 2-star & no-star guys, so we really can't scoff at anyone.

I don't put a lot of concern into stars.

Ryan Aplin was a 2 star recruit.

DeMario Davis taken in the 3rd round by the Jets was a 2 star recruit.

MD Jennings who earned his 15 minutes of fame when his interception for Green Bay against the Seahawks was ruled a Seahawks TD by the replacement refs was ZERO stars.

Two star JD McKissic had over 1,000 yards receiving and was GoDaddy.com Bowl offensive player of the game and named AP Freshman All-American.

• Upvote 2