Florida International (1/17/13)

CMJ

I have no idea why you're blaming Tony Mitchell. If he had the ball in his hands the whole game and was missing shots or turning the ball over that'd be one thing. He wasn't getting the ball at all though. I am sure FIU worked their gameplan around denying him the ball. Okay, so that's up to Benford to make the adjustment to find a way to throw it in to him.

No, Benford didn't miss shot (though we shot very well last night) or turn the ball over --- but you play how you practice. If you crumble under game pressure it means the staff didn't prepare you well enough. Turning the ball over 25 times or whatever it was -- is a direct reflection of the guys not being ready. FIU had an active defense and I am sure the staff saw this on tape, but they didn't get the guys ready.

It goes to what I have said in the past. I am sure there's not much difference in basketball knowledge between Benford and Coach Wooden. For a coach it's not about what you know as much about how you impart that information to your guys and get them to buy in. And on that Benford has been a failure.

• Upvote 2