UNT to be another player short tonight

Brett Vito

Please show us your credentials for making such an outlandish statement? If anyone I could see CJ transfer but it will not kill us. We have a ton of superb guards next year. I have never meet someone who talks with such confidence but knows so little. I am not saying by any means I am the end all be all. I have many friends who know far more then I do. But I do know the role of a coach and the players. You sir seem to have little knowledge on that. Much less any offensive or defensive sets.

Skiver are you 14 years old? The only thing you ever say is you have friends that coach or played against UNT players at the Rec.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Skiver are you 14 years old? The only thing you ever say is you have friends that coach or played against UNT players at the Rec.

So who would your rather put your trust in? I could put it in other friends or people on these boards if I had too. But they tend to know little about the game. I would trust a certified pilot to fly my plane. I guess you would trust emitt or nt90. I will stick with trusting the people who actually know what they are talking about above anyone on these boards or even myself. That is my point. It does not matter what I type because you wont listen. I am assuming you would at least listen to someone who had coached or played before at higher level. I am simply passing on information from conversations I have outside of these boards, there are plenty of people not named Calvin, emmitt, Andrew etc... Who know this sport and team very well. Most of them stray away from boards like these because they are full of your tasty's and your nt90s. I think you force people away who actually have solid input with your comments. Also my name is Andrew and I am 26 years old, but thanks for asking Calvin. How about we actually talked about the sport instead of creating straw men and then crucifying them. You cannot even hold an argument because you go straight ad hominem instead of focusing on the topic at hand. Very mature.

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 2

You don't need to know x-and-o's to identify a disaster.

Likewise, think I speak for a lot of folks when I say it is not necessarily the losses that are scary. It's how we're playing.

I remember watching Billy Gillespie's first year at UT-El Paso. They won 6 games total. SIX. But I don't remember a single fan or friend (including myself) that thought it was not worth going through. Those Billy teams (not necessarily the Kentucky ones) played with so much heart, hustle, and desire you couldn't help but be proud of them. You just knew it would be turned around.

Andrew can continue to believe what his rec experience tells him. I'm happy for his optimism, and certainly hope Benford turns it around. But it better not be too far off. Whatever basketball revolution he thinks is happening is not being seen by our non-rec expert fanbase.

As an aside, I can't believe how rough this going has been. Benford opinions set aside, this staff has way too much expertise to justify what is going on.

• Upvote 4

So who would your rather put your trust in? I could put it in other friends or people on these boards if I had too. But they tend to know little about the game. I would trust a certified pilot to fly my plane. I guess you would trust emitt or nt90. I will stick with trusting the people who actually know what they are talking about above anyone on these boards or even myself. That is my point. It does not matter what I type because you wont listen. I am assuming you would at least listen to someone who had coached or played before at higher level. I am simply passing on information from conversations I have outside of these boards, there are plenty of people not named Calvin, emmitt, Andrew etc... Who know this sport and team very well. Most of them stray away from boards like these because they are full of your tasty's and your nt90s. I think you force people away who actually have solid input with your comments. Also my name is Andrew and I am 26 years old, but thanks for asking Calvin.

Does it take a certified pilot to tell you that the pilot at the controls has been a career co-pilot or that an engine is out and his last few landings have been less than spectacular? I don't care how he does it or who does it. I just care about the end result and that I'm on the ground on time, safely, with no broken bones, and that my lunch is still in my stomach.

It's like Todd Dodge saying after a 70 point loss that a QB made the right reads and graded out properly and that the offensive play calling was flawless.

Ask Tasty how we are going to win against FIU and he will humbly tell you, "Score more points". You take it as him being a smart ass, I take it as him saying "How the F should I know? That's not my job". He can tell you who's killed us in the past, and maybe how they've done it, but he doesn't pretend to be a coach.

• Upvote 1

Please show us your credentials for making such an outlandish statement? If anyone I could see CJ transfer but it will not kill us. We have a ton of superb guards next year. I have never meet someone who talks with such confidence but knows so little. I am not saying by any means I am the end all be all. I have many friends who know far more then I do. But I do know the role of a coach and the players. You sir seem to have little knowledge on that. Much less any offensive or defensive sets.

Ya, like you wanting to play a 4-1 zone, right? Or you rotating the center to trap in the corner in such a zone, right?

It's like talking to a 4 year old...

Or one 4 year old with 2 different names.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

So who would your rather put your trust in? I could put it in other friends or people on these boards if I had too. But they tend to know little about the game. I would trust a certified pilot to fly my plane. I guess you would trust emitt or nt90. I will stick with trusting the people who actually know what they are talking about above anyone on these boards or even myself. That is my point. It does not matter what I type because you wont listen. I am assuming you would at least listen to someone who had coached or played before at higher level. I am simply passing on information from conversations I have outside of these boards, there are plenty of people not named Calvin, emmitt, Andrew etc... Who know this sport and team very well. Most of them stray away from boards like these because they are full of your tasty's and your nt90s. I think you force people away who actually have solid input with your comments. Also my name is Andrew and I am 26 years old, but thanks for asking Calvin. How about we actually talked about the sport instead of creating straw men and then crucifying them. You cannot even hold an argument because you go straight ad hominem instead of focusing on the topic at hand. Very mature.

You have brought it on yourself with your comments and posts the last couple of years. I am happy to talk basketball but I could care less that you played at the rec. and I don't know anybody on this board and I have been on here since 01 or 02 but it is hard to take you seriously sometimes when you have changed your name and you act like you aren't Skiver. At least admit you changed your name. It seems odd that Skiver who was a regular poster on here suddenly disappears and Andrew all the sudden appears.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You have brought it on yourself with your comments and posts the last couple of years. I am happy to talk basketball but I could care less that you played at the rec. and I don't know anybody on this board and I have been on here since 01 or 02 but it is hard to take you seriously sometimes when you have changed your name and you act like you aren't Skiver. At least admit you changed your name. It seems odd that Skiver who was a regular poster on here suddenly disappears and Andrew all the sudden appears.

Years!? I have not been on here for years and I'm pretty sure he did not disappear he still has an account. Anyway... I am not attempting to act like I know everything because I played rec ball or something. If it came off that way I am sorry. I am my opinions and I try to learn from others who know more. That is essentially where I am coming from. Now let's get back to unt basketball!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I say keep up with the lie. C'mon, you can do this. I can help, skiver is a close personal friend and he gave you his login and password so you could use it instead of taking the 30 seconds to do it yourself and you just changed the name to avoid any unseemly entanglements based on his past reputation on the board. Then, he created a new login under his old name to avoid any confusion that was going around. If you stay totally committed, you can keep denying it and we can continue to enjoy calling you out.

Edited by forevereagle
  • Upvote 3

I say keep up with the lie. C'mon, you can do this. I can help, skiver is a close personal friend and he gave you his login and password so you could use it instead of taking the 30 seconds to do it yourself and you just changed the name to avoid any unseemly entanglements based on his past reputation on the board. Then, he created a new login under his old name to avoid any confusion that was going around. If you stay totally committed, you can keep denying it and we can continue to enjoy calling you out.

I say the whole Lance Armstrong saga can be used for good, not evil. This only furthers my point. Well done lance. The internets thank you.

Years!? I have not been on here for years and I'm pretty sure he did not disappear he still has an account. Anyway... I am not attempting to act like I know everything because I played rec ball or something. If it came off that way I am sorry. I am my opinions and I try to learn from others who know more. That is essentially where I am coming from. Now let's get back to unt basketball!

Where did you go? I want to get back to UNT basketball. How do you see things going this week?

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 5