I predicted the ULM loss

emmitt01

How appropriate that an observation and prediction about tonight's game should take place in a public restroom over a urinal. Our team is apparently a pisser along with our coaching staff and those responsible for bringing them here. No reasonable fan should have expected miracles from this team regardless of its potential, but there is something almost surreal about its pathetic performances. We have become a shameful joke and have every right to be very, very pissed along with those teams that go back two or three generations and played their hearts out against great odds against some of the best college basketball teams in the country. Win or lose, and in whatever conference or division, I cannot recall North Texas basketball being so shamefully inept. Vic Trilli's tenure not withstanding.

How appropriate that an observation and prediction about tonight's game should take place in a public restroom over a urinal. Our team is apparently a pisser along with our coaching staff and those responsible for bringing them here. No reasonable fan should have expected miracles from this team regardless of its potential, but there is something almost surreal about its pathetic performances. We have become a shameful joke and have every right to be very, very pissed along with those teams that go back two or three generations and played their hearts out against great odds against some of the best college basketball teams in the country. Win or lose, and in whatever conference or division, I cannot recall North Texas basketball being so shamefully inept. Vic Trilli's tenure not withstanding.

1989/1990 Season was worse. I witnessed it first hand. It seems like UNT lost the first 17 games and even lost to a Sam Houston St. team with a 7 man roster. I played against High School teams in Kentucky that could have beaten North Texas that year. They were horrible. I believe they only won 5 games and NT athletics employees were very comfortable because outside of vocal fans like myself heckling from the stands, there was no accountability until Gene Stallings came in to investigate.

Edited by GreenEggs&Ham™

1989/1990 Season was worse. I witnessed it first hand. It seems like UNT lost the first 17 games and even lost to a Sam Houston St. team with a 7 man roster. I played against High School teams in Kentucky that could have beaten North Texas that year. They were horrible. I believe they only won 5 games and NT athletics employees were very comfortable because outside of vocal fans like myself heckling from the stands, there was no accountability until Gene Stallings came in to investigate.

I'm beginning to think accountability and UNT athletics is an oxymoron.

Yes, that was a wheels off season, only two years removed from being in the Big Dance. But you'll remember that team still fought back and had a shot to return by making it to the post season tournament final against....ULM.

The thought of watching that Nash kid throw up bombs just this side of mid court every 2 or 3 minutes still makes me ill.

GreenBat, you remember that guy?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Yes, that was a wheels off season, only two years removed from being in the Big Dance. But you'll remember that team still fought back and had a shot to return by making it to the post season tournament final against....ULM.

The thought of watching that Nash kid throw up bombs just this side of mid court every 2 or 3 minutes still makes me ill.

GreenBat, you remember that guy?

Rick

Pat Nash. I remember the shots he took at Austin's Superdrum. He launched shot's, yes more than one from the longhorn logo. This kid was a gunner in every since of the word. He thought his range was "in the building."

Very nice young man, but not a very smart basketball player on offense.