Austin Accettura, possible walkon?

Harry

Heard this guy had a bad death in his family and decided to stay close to home after hs. Transitioned to LB over past year with ex-NYG LB. Wasn't big enough to play DE at this level. Talked to extremely reliable source that says this kid is at a whole new level physically and still as intense as ever and is willing to earn a spot on the mean green. Heard this kid is a beast... The by the way UTA isn't true because the kid is enrolled at UNT and starts class in a week.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Heard this guy had a bad death in his family and decided to stay close to home after hs. Transitioned to LB over past year with ex-NYG LB. Wasn't big enough to play DE at this level. Talked to extremely reliable source that says this kid is at a whole new level physically and still as intense as ever and is willing to earn a spot on the mean green. Heard this kid is a beast... The by the way UTA isn't true because the kid is enrolled at UNT and starts class in a week.

Awesome! I like it. Hope he is ready to play.

• Upvote 1

Any other players that anyone has heard that will come into unt mid year? I am an alumni and my family is also... We are big fans of unt walk on program and the athletes it produces. Drive and passion produced by love of the game vs money and scholarships or political pressure of the recruiting process. Letting the chips fall where they may through hard work and desire.

My brother said he remembers reading an article talking about accettura moving up fast as freshman and then receiving an injury that stopped him early in season. If true that gives him a RS season to still use.

He needs to request 17.

? why 17

Got some more info on Accettura. He is training with ex Green Bay LB not NYG. Running a 4.6 now and lifting 225 x 30. A guy that played UH and training for nfl said this kid does not take no for an answer and jumped a 36" vert because a wr told him he couldn't do it.

I heard this kid growl at the OL during the state championship and stop kirbyville back to back on the goal line. The mean green needs some hungry players. Hope he gets a real shot. Heard another kid...Blair Swanner is looking at walking on but may go Univ of Arkansas.....Anyone heard about this other kid? Think he is out of Frisco Centineal

? why 17

Got some more info on Accettura. He is training with ex Green Bay LB not NYG. Running a 4.6 now and lifting 225 x 30. A guy that played UH and training for nfl said this kid does not take no for an answer and jumped a 36" vert because a wr told him he couldn't do it.

I heard this kid growl at the OL during the state championship and stop kirbyville back to back on the goal line. The mean green needs some hungry players. Hope he gets a real shot. Heard another kid...Blair Swanner is looking at walking on but may go Univ of Arkansas.....Anyone heard about this other kid? Think he is out of Frisco Centineal

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Blair-Swanner-143717;_ylt=AhmkPPp.KJfssZePzambs0xIPZB4

Not sure he meets emmit01's 'eye' test.

Edited by CurveItAround

If his measurables are accurate, then I, if were a coach, would encourage him to attend here. I'm hoping we are holding a scholarship for Woods out of Sherman, but this young man seems to be impressive. (soley based off his stats)

? why 17

Swanner would be a steal if we got him. His dad played at Tech.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

2400 with written...1600 is base math and comp. Talking about Swanner because Accettura is a soph with 3.0 pre law. Wish accettura taller because he is a heck of a pass rusher as DE

Swanner will do fantastic in the Army