We're moving up in the world...

meangreener

...and this isn't really delusion or just an insistence that we are.

I didn't know where else to put this.

I was in Danbury, Connecticut at the mall, and I saw a girl wearing a UNT shirt. Meanless to say, I flagged her down, we shared some eagle claws and went on with our business.

I saw a UNT shirt in Manhattan once, as well.

While I'm here, I haven't seen any other school shirts from Texas, but 2 UNT shirts/hats. Anyway the point here is, is that we have people who are proud to go to UNT and are fans of our school. All they need is our athletics (football, mostly) to make us proud...that will lead to some sellouts...we are clearly moving up in the world, a burgeoning university, the so-called "sleeping giant". But stuff like this proves to me we're already halfway there. We just need a football team so that the people who aren't seeing great things like this (genuine student pride) realize what's going on at UNT on a statewide and national level. The dedication and pride is already here. Great things.

/cue gl2greatness rant.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2

I was in Danbury, Connecticut at the mall, and I saw a girl wearing a UNT shirt. Meanless to say, I flagged her down, we shared some eagle claws and went on with our business.

While I'm here, I haven't seen any other school shirts from Texas, but 2 UNT shirts/hats. Anyway the point here is, is that we have people who are proud to go to UNT and are fans of our school. All they need is our athletics (football, mostly) to make us proud...that will lead to some sellouts...we are clearly moving up in the world, a burgeoning university, the so-called "sleeping giant". But stuff like this proves to me we're already halfway there. We just need a football team so that the people who aren't seeing great things like this (genuine student pride) realize what's going on at UNT on a statewide and national level. The dedication and pride is already here. Great things.

/cue gl2greatness rant.

This same post can be found, once a year, dating back to the 80's.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Why are you trying to disillusion meangreener? With our luck lately, a UNT shirt in Connecticut may be a small thing, but it is a nice thing, especially following our disappointing football season and what appears to be a disastrous basketball season. I am cynic by nature but I know what to be cynical about. Keep those sightings coming meangreener, we need a little Christmas right this very minute.

• Upvote 4

Why are you trying to disillusion meangreener? With our luck lately, a UNT shirt in Connecticut may be a small thing, but it is a nice thing, especially following our disappointing football season and what appears to be a disastrous basketball season. I am cynic by nature but I know what to be cynical about. Keep those sightings coming meangreener, we need a little Christmas right this very minute.

Exactly, wow.

I should be surprised by the two comments, but it's GMG.com, so I'm not.

And clearly you didn't read, I said I saw this girl in Danbury and one in Manhattan before, as well. So it's not a statistical fallacy. But feel free to swing again.

Anyway, my point is that people are genuinely excited to be here and there's a fanbase who need something to root about.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

Exactly, wow.

I should be surprised by the two comments, but it's GMG.com, so I'm not.

And clearly you didn't read, I said I saw this girl in Danbury and one in Manhattan before, as well. So it's not a statistical fallacy. But feel free to swing again.

Anyway, my point is that people are genuinely excited to be here and there's a fanbase who need something to root about.

The thing is Greener that I remember making the same post two years ago... and another person last year... and so on. It is always good to see those around the US sporting Green and you just make sure you keep up your habit of letting them know when you see them.

/cue gl2greatness rant.

I saw this too at the U of H game. Problem is players and coaches apparently don't "get it" as every time we have a game that excites fans and would allow this heretofore hidden demand to explode we lay an egg. Lip service by coaches and a visit by the team the night before gave no indication we would sleep walk through the first half. I know the talent is thin but so is the fire in the belly that could offset some of that. Team pride and effort can offset superior talent and o/s 2 foes nobody on the 2012 schedule had that great an edge in talent.