Lehigh Recap, Reaction

aztecskin

From the forum rules:

Do not at any time ever cut and paste an article or excerpt on this board as it is subject to copyright laws and is essentially stealing someone elses work. This policy applies to both subscription and non-subscription sites.

The site owner and author posted a link, not the full text. If he wanted his work to be a forum post, he would have done so himself. Please do not cut and paste articles in full from outside GMG.

Good review, I am going to add my not so elegrant thoughts about the game.

Starting on a positive note, the team played much better than they did against SEL. Even without their star, excluding Creighton, this is probably the best team NT will play.

Does anyone know what happened on that weird double technical or whatever that seemed to seal the doom of NT?

Benford still substituting like the object of the game is to have your whole bench have some time in every 4 minute segment of the game.

See a lot of criticism of individual players in the various game threads and they are obviously a big part of the problem. Just remember that these same players that many are blasting, have played very well in the past. Mitchell got 23 points 9 rbs and a couple of blocks against a good team. No,I don't think he played a particularly good overall game but that stat line would be getting raves if it was any one's but Mitchell's.

There were scouts all over were I sit and most were totally uninterested in the game, but they had a good time talking to one another. I think some put the half court shoot contestant on their watch list.

The team is still either pressing to hard or the opposite, displaying a give up attitude. I don't know what message Benford is giving the team, but most either are not buying it or his schemes are just too difficult. Bad coaching in either scenario.

Edited by GrandGreen