I smell a large amount of W's and a bowl in 2013

trussbussdad

A true fan is one who is still in the wagon cheering after the wheels have fallen off and the horses that were dragging it died.

Who said it would be easy? However, I agree it's best to keep your legs crossed while onboard the UNT wagon.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I've never been a fan of judging one's "fanness."

I think a bad fan is one who can't admit the wheels are off, or one who thinks the wheels fall off after the first loss every season.

The truth is our program is still in the rebuilding phase, but I like the things we are hearing from the coaching staff. Sure everyone would like to see more on the field production & Ws, but I think it takes the off the field improvements to get the on the field improvements.

I like the empathsis on size and strength training. I always thought it was a cop out from Dickey & Dodge to act like those things were overrated and never address those issues. I like that MAC comes out and says our guys are small and don't look like FBS players. I like that MAC and crew grade each play when they are breakig down film instead of just saying things like thiers room for improvement on every play. I also like the way MAC reaches out to the entire student body and addresses the issue our our school's sports culture.

What I don't like is all the talks about nuts on this thread.

Causal fan...a true fan is one that when the horses are dead or dying, the wheels are off, gets out of the wagon and grabs the rope and drags the whole shooting match...horses and wagon....wheels or no wheels. But the key to getting that wagon REALLY MOVING is to have someone in the back ready to get muddy as hell and is pushing while others are pulling. We need pullers and pushers. I know many of you have been in and around the wagon for many years...both on and off the field and have hung in there with the MEAN GREEN through great and not so great times. I just like what I see that helps me be maybe the ultimate optimist.

Oh...sorry for starting the wagon comparison.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.....GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by trussbussdad
  • Upvote 1

You have to stay optimistic even in bad times by remembering better times...like watching Baylor getting trounced at Fouts...or watching students haul off a goal post after a win that gave UNT a Sun Belt championship... or watching Patrick Cobbs and Jamario Thomas run in the years they won national rushing titles...or sitting in the rain with a few other fans watching Lance Dunbar set the all time career school rushing record with a 313 yard game...or sitting in a packed old gym screaming "welcome to the pit" with a bunch of crazy friends...or just watching Steve Ramsey throwing any pass.

It can get hard for fans to stay optimistic if they don't stop to remember all the good stuff they saw over the years.

• Upvote 1

Now I understand why the Greeks got removed from the hill.

A win over Georgia is impossible. Ball State, Ohio, and Tulsa are iffy but only BSU is at home. The rest are tossups to very winnable. Maybe you'll get to see more football inside the stadium this year.

Why are Ball State and Ohio iffy when the SBC is going to take them to the woodshed in the bowls??? I just don't get all the MAC love shown on this board. They are by far the worst of the mid majors. Their own fans don't believe in them---look at their crowds this year on tv as compared to SBC!!!