Lehigh Game Promotion!

Harry

I have asked and said this for years: sell the season tickets for what you want, then sell the rest of the GA tickets for $1 each. IF and when you start selling games out, increase the price.

If this AD REALLY wanted to fill up these home venues, they could.

They had 12 and 3 dollar tickets tonight. Even 3 ain't bad. All you have to do is move down. ( unless they sit in our seats) Edited by filmerj

Still. Big thanks to whomever was the secret santa. I "enjoyed" the game regardless and loved seeing the big crowd.

This is the attitude that matters. This was a very generous donation by someone who cares about UNT. Looked to me, given the crowd size, that it was successful as a promotion. I add my sincere thanks and gratitude to the "Secret Santa" who stepped up to make this happen.

Obviously what we ave seen from some folks is the fact that "no good deed will go unpunished". By some, at least. Good thing that most folks just ignore these complainers as they should.

He emmitt, as much as you spew on this board you think you can send Harry 10 bucks so he can keep it operational? I notice that it does not say "contributor" by your name. Heck, it's easier to donate to this than to say A FREAKIN JUMBOTRON AND BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY

Ouch....... :crazysmile:

He emmitt, as much as you spew on this board you think you can send Harry 10 bucks so he can keep it operational? I notice that it does not say "contributor" by your name. Heck, it's easier to donate to this than to say A FREAKIN JUMBOTRON AND BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY

My apologies. If Harry asked I'd gladly send him ten bucks. And I know that he knows this. I'm sure his request got lost in my email spam filter along with RV's MGC email requesting funds for facilities improvements. Now, if you're done patting yourself on the back and KRAM is done with his cheer leading skirt, we can move along, no?

• Downvote 1

Things getting testy on the inside?

• Upvote 1

Mean Green Club supports scholarships for student athletes. Facilities improvements are completely different. And Harry did not ask me for any donation. I just noticed that some peoples avatar said "contributor" on it, and since I use this site and read what is on it, I contributed. I am not patting myself on the back, I am just asking for people to become part of the solution. No body works harder than Mark Miller at promoting and trying to raise money, if he is a blind cheerleader then so be it, thank god we have him, and we need 150 more just like him. Maybe you could sign up to be a mean green club rep. like him, and then build a base of people that you help notify about all things North Texas, and yes send Harry 10 buck for his web site. The next time I see you I will ask you in person if you gave Harry ten bucks for his web site.

• Downvote 1

Mean Green Club supports scholarships for student athletes. Facilities improvements are completely different. And Harry did not ask me for any donation. I just noticed that some peoples avatar said "contributor" on it, and since I use this site and read what is on it, I contributed. I am not patting myself on the back, I am just asking for people to become part of the solution. No body works harder than Mark Miller at promoting and trying to raise money, if he is a blind cheerleader then so be it, thank god we have him, and we need 150 more just like him. Maybe you could sign up to be a mean green club rep. like him, and then build a base of people that you help notify about all things North Texas, and yes send Harry 10 buck for his web site. The next time I see you I will ask you in person if you gave Harry ten bucks for his web site.

I've been a Mean Green Club rep for two years now. Not that I felt the need to advertise it. But, hey let's continue to bang on those who do show up physically and financially

• Upvote 1

I've been a Mean Green Club rep for two years now. Not that I felt the need to advertise it. But, hey let's continue to bang on those who do show up physically and financially

You would think someone on the inside might know that. Of course we have those that like to go after fans from the area instead of working to bring in other fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This has got to be one of the most inane disputes I've seen since the Dodge fanboys vs. the fire Dodge people used to get into it, eventually devolving to years of fandom and money donated.

I've obviously known David for the entirety of my time at UNT, and if he were one to beat down those who physically and financially show up year after year, he wouldn't have gone so far out of his way to bring me back to UNT athletics when I ragequit over Todd Dodge and those who blindly supported him.

Emmitt, I met for the first time this year, and we had a bangup night out on Fry Street. His green koolaid is to be approached with mighty caution, btw.

You're both nice guys who happen to be looking at the program from different perspectives, but ultimately, we're all supposed to be on the same team, right?

Remember, these are entertainment dollars that we're spending that ultimately are supposed to help provide educational opportunities for kids, increase exposure for our university, and give us an excuse to get together and slam down a few (ok, a lot) cold ones periodically in a fashion that won't piss off our wives.

Why should we then bicker internally about such a thing? It's a pretty good thing we've got going here. Really, it is. I was thinking about it today when an issue of the North Texan arrived in my mail box. I realized that 18 years after graduating, I've never received a damn thing from my undergrad alma mater. A so-called public ivy, they could give a rat sized shit about their alumni and it shows.

My only lament is that they actually celebrated the 1,000th mean green club member at the Lafayette basketball game. Given the value for money spent, I couldn't believe that there are only 1,000 people who donate at all levels.

So say what you've gotta say, I know I'm guilty of going after the Hayden Fry disciples from time to time, but know that we've got a pretty freaking sweet deal getting to go up to Denton and hang out like we do, even when our basketball program shits itself on the court. This too shall pass, but Denton will still be there, and so will we all.

• Upvote 1

Lets not start destroying ourselves from the inside. First, FOTW along with his wife have done much to support this university and most especially the athletic program. There are a few projects that might not have been possible without them and a very few others.

. I am aware of how they became involved with UNT Athletics and the sacrifice that they made to do it. I can assure you he is not riding any coat tails around here. FOTW also made it possible for an ancient old student to attend school by providing him a job at his business. I would encourage to listen to their stories and thank them for their support.

Kram and Emmitt are a couple of our greatest fans to. They support the program with time, money, and work. We could use 500 more like them. Thanks to both of you for what you do. Many could learn from your examples.