Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun

Coach Bill Lewis

The SPUDS are s.o.l. They put all other sports in Big Sky, who now have 13 football programs with a spot left for Idaho. They are not a D1 program. Their dome seats about 15,000, and they play their basketball games on a court in one of the end zones. NMSU might be a consideration, but it looks like the Belt wants to move east , not west.

The SPUDS are s.o.l. They put all other sports in Big Sky, who now have 13 football programs with a spot left for Idaho. They are not a D1 program. Their dome seats about 15,000, and they play their basketball games on a court in one of the end zones. NMSU might be a consideration, but it looks like the Belt wants to move east , not west.

Syracuse plays their basketball games the same way, of course their building is 3x the size

• Upvote 1

I agree with wardly about Idaho. They should return to the Big Sky and live happily ever after unless they enlarge their facilities. They're still too remote for the FBS without a partner or partners.

If I'm the Sun Belt I'd be very interested in NMSU. Football has been pretty blah for the last 50 years but they would be tough in basketball; both men's and women's.

Georgia Southern and/or App would also be good adds. I haven't looked very deep into SBC additions but I think that Charleston is an up-and-coming program.