RV is to be held accountable,right

Mo Green

The heros here always throw out that rv is doing a great job. In talking to two coaches (ie.that would answer the question about what they think of rv) They said that "he's too comfortable in his job".They were not smiling either.

Look at the stands in the major sports (bb & fb), look at the lack of coverage this weekend for our girls bb tournment in NM, look at the way major donors left the program (one did not even give the 1 mil that you guys said came into the program), lack of promo's for games, etc. O, ever been on the ath. adm. side of the house, there are 2 people in every room now & falling over each other with little or no results.That's were your & my money is going rather than promotions or advertising. Did you ever think of "What does his dept. do from March to July anyway?"

Why do most people here just see roses without the thorns. Absolute no accountability in the ad office { ie. think about all the quotes about rv worry's about the crowd for our Tuesday ESPN game at 8PM- if he was on top of things why would he worry}.

By the way, we are such a power in the SBC that we turned down the big 12 to get a slot in cusa. Thanks rv.

( I don't want those responsibile (K) for this post getting their pants in a knot!).

By the way Harry, your Christmas card form the ad's office came to me- so, Merry Christmas bro!

• Upvote 6

The heros here always throw out that rv is doing a great job. In talking to two coaches (ie.that would answer the question about what they think of rv) They said that "he's too comfortable in his job".They were not smiling either.

Look at the stands in the major sports (bb & fb), look at the lack of coverage this weekend for our girls bb tournment in NM, look at the way major donors left the program (one did not even give the 1 mil that you guys said came into the program), lack of promo's for games, etc. O, ever been on the ath. adm. side of the house, there are 2 people in every room now & falling over each other with little or no results.That's were your & my money is going rather than promotions or advertising. Did you ever think of "What does his dept. do from March to July anyway?"

Why do most people here just see roses without the thorns. Absolute no accountability in the ad office { ie. think about all the quotes about rv worry's about the crowd for our Tuesday ESPN game at 8PM- if he was on top of things why would he worry}.

By the way, we are such a power in the SBC that we turned down the big 12 to get a slot in cusa. Thanks rv.

( I don't want those responsibile (K) for this post getting their pants in a knot!).

By the way Harry, your Christmas card form the ad's office came to me- so, Merry Christmas bro!

Mo...serious and honest question...why do you have such a grudge against RV? Lots of folks here seem to be able to criticize RV from time to time, but all but every post you make here and on the other board seem to be a rant against RV. So, honest question...what's the deal? You sound like a spurned lover. Seems you guys looked pretty friendly in Hot Springs after a game one night in the team fan bar. If you so dislike RV, why even hang out with him?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

We called those "smokers" in the Navy... they don't do them anymore. Gotta grudge? Grab some gloves and meet up on the fantail. ARrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh

Navy man, huh? I just knew there was something askew...Air Force veteran here...Fight on! Ha!

I support UNT because it is fun to do so, and when the day comes that it is no longer fun, I will stop.

22-73 over the last eight years in football and the debacle* that is this years basketball team is how you have fun?!

I support UNT athletics because I am loyal to my alma mater and I believe success in athletics is an important part of raising a universities prestige.

However, over the last eight years there has been precious little "fun" and "success" and I believe part of my due diligence is to ask why we have failed and try to get that corrected. I think there are a lot of questions to ask and a lot of answers to be demanded, don't you?

* de·ba·cle

Noun:A sudden and ignominious failure; a fiasco.

Synonyms:rout

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 1

22-73 over the last eight years in football and the debacle* that is this years basketball team is how you have fun?!

I support UNT athletics because I am loyal to my alma mater and I believe success in athletics is an important part of raising a universities prestige.

However, over the last eight years there has been precious little "fun" and "success" and I believe part of my due diligence is to ask why we have failed and try to get that corrected. I think there are a lot of questions to ask and a lot of answers to be demanded, don't you?

* de·ba·cle

Hey, I understand your feelings, and why you might feel that way...but, would appreciate some respect for a different view...my support is unconditional...if you want to p,ace conditions on yours that's A-OK....to each his own and I have no problem with it. It is just not me...frustration is one thing...read my posts in other threads and you will clearly see I am as frustrated with the way this BB season is going right now as anyone...but my personal sky is not falling because of it...never will based on some sporting contest...lose and you get to go at it again....not THAT important. So, for me...yep fun...love watching UNT play...win, lose or draw...frustration is another matter...right now this guy is very frustrated, but will I have fun Saturday at the LaLa game? Absolutely? Why the heck not?

Choices...we all make 'me. We win some ... We ,one some. How that turns out is pretty much all attitude.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

* de·ba·cle

So by support, you mean that you are a member of the Mean Green Club or donate to athletics in another way? Not attacking if your not, just asking.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The problem is that this fan base wants a Neiman Marcus product at a Wal-Mart price. 1% of the fan base definitely carries this program.

I'd be happy with a Wal-Mart product. We are at Dollar General level right now. But a Dollar General that plays in a Best Buy of a basketball facility and a Macy's football stadium. I think everyone would be happy if we played at our talent level and not below it. And the 1% percent does carry this program, but how is that different than any other program in CUSA or the Sun Belt.

• Upvote 3

my support is unconditional...if you want to p,ace conditions on yours that's A-OK....

No it's not. You said you'll stop when it is no longer fun. It hasn't been "fun" for me for a while and I am still here. I want university athletics to achieve something. As long as this school is my alma mater* I will be loyal: TO THE UNIVERSITY.

I won't be blindly loyal to a person, a title, or a some self appointed self righteous group of holier than thou's who doesn't like my lack of blind faith.

*I don't know, I guess they could rescind the degrees I earned here.

• Upvote 2

Lorenzo,

Just because he is new to the forum doesn't diminish his opinion. Some of the oldest posters on the forum, like me, have opinions that mean nothing. This is an athletic message board., nothing is going to happen. These forums allow fans to blow of steam when they are upset. They also serve as a way to be a part of a community that supports or doesn't support a common team.

Lorenzo,

Just because he is new to the forum doesn't diminish his opinion. Some of the oldest posters on the forum, like me, have opinions that mean nothing. This is an athletic message board., nothing is going to happen. These forums allow fans to blow of steam when they are upset. They also serve as a way to be a part of a community that supports or doesn't support a common team.

So a group of athletic supporters?

• Upvote 2

Lorenzo,

This is the final straw, you leave me no recourse but to challenge you to a duel.

Have your second contact TTG, he will be mine.

25awm.jpg

I'd be happy with a Wal-Mart product. We are at Dollar General level right now. But a Dollar General that plays in a Best Buy of a basketball facility and a Macy's football stadium. I think everyone would be happy if we played at our talent level and not below it. And the 1% percent does carry this program, but how is that different than any other program in CUSA or the Sun Belt.

Understand what you are wanting to say, but your Wal-Mart/Dollar General comparison, for what it is worth, is incorrect - at least in 2011:

Reuters, 8/30/2011

"Sales at (Dollar General) stores open at least 13 months, or same-store sales, rose 5.9 percent, a faster clip than the first quarter's 5.4 percent rise. Average sales per square foot rose to about $205 from $199 a year earlier.

Dollar General has grown its market share, and has done so profitably, Dreiling said.

Its growth has come at the expense of some other chains.

Same-store sales at Wal-Mart Stores Inc's (WMT.N) Walmart, the largest chain by revenue, have fallen for nine straight quarters, though such sales rose in July."

So being a "Dollar General" would not be too bad right now!

• Upvote 1