I propose the NEW SOUTHWEST CONFERENCE.

trussbussdad

Since I started following recruiting about 6 years ago, this has really gotten under my skin. The realignment and the coaching changes. I miss the old days of the Southwest Conference, coaches and administrators honoring contracts, and kids going to recruiting trips in a beat up old piece of crap car and driving home in a brand new Trans Am.

I propose we re start the NEW SOUTHWEST CONFERENCE.

The new SWC....UNT, Tulsa, Rice, Tx St., UTSA, Ark St., La Tech, ULM, ULL. Eight Conference games for each team. If it expands you have room for 2 divisions. Everyone signs on for 7 years...early exit is heavy financial penalty.

Think of the "branding" / marketing opportunity.....

Edited by trussbussdad

Since I started following recruiting about 6 years ago, this has really gotten under my skin. The realignment and the coaching changes. I miss the old days of the Southwest Conference, coaches and administrators honoring contracts, and kids going to recruiting trips in a beat up old piece of crap car and driving home in a brand new Trans Am.

The new SWC....UNT, Tulsa, Rice, Tx St., UTSA, Ark St., La Tech, ULM, ULL. Eight Conference games for each team. If it expands you have room for 2 divisions. Everyone signs on for 7 years...early exit is heavy financial penalty.

Delete Monroe and work in UTEP/S. Miss. & I'm all for it. Forget all the eastern travel, and maybe we could have some kind of a partnership/alliance situation with the MWC down the road.

I don't really like a new SWC type of conference. I guess if there is a complete implosion of realignment and there are about 40-50 teams truly left out of any type of inclusion to anything then maybe it's not a bad last resort. We have to remember that outreach and media markets are very important even for smaller conferences.

I like having regional programs, but that group is just too regional, and some of those programs shouldn't be on the list.

A C-USA West merger with the MWC would be a better option.

Southwest Division

UNT/Tulsa

UTEP/New Mexico

Rice/UTSA

Southern Miss/LA Tech

Mountain West Division

UNLV/Nevada

Fresno St./SJSU

Wyoming/Utah St.

CO St./Air Force

Hawaii

No crossover games, just a championship game.

Edited by Side Show Joe

I am all for a 10 team "South West " type of conference along the lines proposed by "Golden Eagle" and "Mean Green Eagle". This would allow 3 out of conference opponents. However, since it appears a lot of relaignment is TV driven, I don't know the value of a new conference. Plus I think a new conference would not have automatic NCAA bids, but am unsure exactly how that works. I will leave those questions to far greater minds.