It Ain't Over

DeepGreen

I think you will notice that the Big East went to 13 with the addition of ECU and Tulane in anticipation of Louisville (or someone) defecting to the ACC. I would be surprised if Marshall is invited, but then again, I was shocked they went after Tulane.

Regarding the redo, I would be hestitant to stay put with Benson leading the way.

Edited by UNTLifer

It'll really get bad if conferences get to the point of kicking out teams in favor of other teams with better demographics. For example, does Iowa State bring anything to the B12? No. So what if the Big 12 voted them out in favor of a FSU? They would be adding a top team without having to split up their TV money any more.

I don't know if it would ever get to that but but it would be an ugly, ugly day.

The other alternative would be to have, for example, 8 members of the Big 12 leave to form a new conference with other top teams from another conference. Suddenly the remaining four teams don't have enough to keep their conference so no exit fees.

This is becoming an ugly, ugly business.

Rumor in Florida is that Florida State is evaluating a move to either the Big East or Big 12. That would be interesting.

I think FSU will stay ACC for now, since Louisville just got added instead of UConn. Now if anyone else defects to the B1G, then that's another story. I think the ACC did a good move here, plus it keeps the Big XII from adding L'ville. If I were Baylor, TCU, or Iowa State, the future of the Big XII still looks very shaky to me. All it will take is Texas moving to cause many dominoes--and their lawsuits--to fall. In all reality, the pac-12 only has a few options to look at if they go to 14 or 16.

I think FSU will stay ACC for now, since Louisville just got added instead of UConn. Now if anyone else defects to the B1G, then that's another story. I think the ACC did a good move here, plus it keeps the Big XII from adding L'ville. If I were Baylor, TCU, or Iowa State, the future of the Big XII still looks very shaky to me. All it will take is Texas moving to cause many dominoes--and their lawsuits--to fall. In all reality, the pac-12 only has a few options to look at if they go to 14 or 16.

I'd be willing to join the Longhorn Conference at this point.