Take a deep breath everyone...

UNTstormchaser

The season isn't over. Luckily, this isn't football. This loss doesn't hurt as much as a loss to Texas Southern would have in football.

I'm just as disappointed/confused/lost/angry/disgusted/heartbroken as anyone else on here is, don't get me wrong about that. I had such high, high hopes for this year. Even after the Creighton game, I was sure that we'd at the very least beat UAH by double digits. Obviously, that didn't happen, and there are a lot of questions to answer. Hopefully tonight against Lamar, a worthless team from the lowly Southland conference, they can start being answered.

But take a deep breath everyone. The season isn't over. Hell, even an at-large bid isn't out of the question. It certainly looks a lot more in doubt, and if I were a betting man, I'd put my entire net worth on us NOT getting an at-large bid, but it's not impossible. As someone noted, this game doesn't directly effect our RPI (thank god...), though it does prevent us from having a good Kansas State team on our record. But, assuming that things get straightened out quickly...all is not lost. We have a road game against a St. Louis team that will likely be top 25 when we play them, we have a home game against likely NCAA Tourney bound Lehigh who's also touting a potential All American, and then 2 games against MTSU, USA, and WKU in conference play. There are going to be opportunities to beat respected teams. Will we beat them? Who knows...but the opportunity will be there.

Don't hit the panic button just yet everyone. For all we know, we could come out pissed off tonight and beat Lamar by 30. Or, we could come out flat and dejected, again, and blow another easy one. Either way, there's pretty much 30 games left guys. It's going to all come down to conference play anyways, we all know that.

Go Mean Green....try not to have a stroke over this anyone.

• Upvote 1

The season is a marathon, and any one loss doesn't break the season. However, to further the analogy, we're about a mile into the race and we just face planted. We're gonna have a skinned knee and big ass bruise on our forehead the rest of the race. If we can ignore the pain, maybe we can get going here.

After this team loses by 10 to Lamar, then can fans worry?

Eh....worry is fine. Panic is unnecessary. If we lose to Lamar, and then Cameron? Panic, fire Benford, LSU fires JJ, RV destroys basketball program. crazed fans burn down Super Pit...