Go to guy?

mean green d

I am asking because I really don't know. Do you think UNT has a go to guy on offense that can score in the flow? I realize Mitchell is a great all around player, but I am not sure he is pure scorer they can rely on to score night in and night out. Do you think this is something we lack, or do we have someone who can fill the role? Is this something that will occur by committee? I really don't know, as I don't see enough of the team to know. I look forward to your response.

GMG

I really think it's Tony Mitchell. Last year I thought it was Alzee, but Tony's game really looks much improved on offense. There is a reason Creighton kept collapsing on Tony every time he got the ball, and it isn't just because of his pure athleticism.

As for the rest of our offense, I don't know how many of you have watched the Mavericks for a little while, but when I was younger and first started watching the Mavs in 2001 Mark Pinto and Bob Ortegel used to always talk about the Mavs' big three of Nash, Finley and Dirk. I made a thread about our dynamic trio of Jones, J Will, and TM.

Ortegel and Pinto had this formula that if two of the big three (Nash-Finley-Dirk) scored at least 20 points then our winning percentage was something crazy, I think it was undefeated for a while and if not it was well over .900 if I remember correctly.

I know college is a different game, but I think if we have two of our big three on and the other at least impacting the game through his athleticism or passing ability we should win most or all of those games.

With the foul trouble Tony and Chris got into it was hard to establish our offense and Creighton rotated very well on defense, making it hard for us to get it going. Throw in a bad game from J Will and the only member of our trio who got his numbers was TM.

I really wish we had gotten Lamar to play at the preseason NIT to give us a better tune up for K State, but it is what it is. I hope Benford starts A Williams, TM, Jones, J Will, and Coleman and lets them play significant time together on the court, no matter how much we're up by. This will probably be our best line up and they need time on the court TOGETHER so they can learn to play with each other even better.

I am asking because I really don't know. Do you think UNT has a go to guy on offense that can score in the flow? I realize Mitchell is a great all around player, but I am not sure he is pure scorer they can rely on to score night in and night out. Do you think this is something we lack, or do we have someone who can fill the role? Is this something that will occur by committee? I really don't know, as I don't see enough of the team to know. I look forward to your response.

GMG

I don't think we have anyone that can be counted on to be our go to scorer. Mitchell can go cold or just get himself into early foul truoble. CJ doesn't shoot well enough from outside and neither does Jordan. Holeman is good, but not a pure scorer except when he is on a streak. Walton is one dimensional on offense, Alzee is a great all around player, but scoring isn't the best part of his game.

I think we will have to look at it on a game by game basis and hope that someone fills it up that night.

I really think it's Tony Mitchell. Last year I thought it was Alzee, but Tony's game really looks much improved on offense. There is a reason Creighton kept collapsing on Tony every time he got the ball, and it isn't just because of his pure athleticism.

As for the rest of our offense, I don't know how many of you have watched the Mavericks for a little while, but when I was younger and first started watching the Mavs in 2001 Mark Pinto and Bob Ortegel used to always talk about the Mavs' big three of Nash, Finley and Dirk. I made a thread about our dynamic trio of Jones, J Will, and TM.

Ortegel and Pinto had this formula that if two of the big three (Nash-Finley-Dirk) scored at least 20 points then our winning percentage was something crazy, I think it was undefeated for a while and if not it was well over .900 if I remember correctly.

I know college is a different game, but I think if we have two of our big three on and the other at least impacting the game through his athleticism or passing ability we should win most or all of those games.

With the foul trouble Tony and Chris got into it was hard to establish our offense and Creighton rotated very well on defense, making it hard for us to get it going. Throw in a bad game from J Will and the only member of our trio who got his numbers was TM.

I really wish we had gotten Lamar to play at the preseason NIT to give us a better tune up for K State, but it is what it is. I hope Benford starts A Williams, TM, Jones, J Will, and Coleman and lets them play significant time together on the court, no matter how much we're up by. This will probably be our best line up and they need time on the court TOGETHER so they can learn to play with each other even better.

Alabama Huntville is thought to be better than Lamar that is why the top seed KSU is playing them.