Amazing...

H-towngreen

Eric capper just tweeted saying that there are only 6 players who have been in the Mean Green football program for at least 4 years. 4 5th year Seniors and 2 4th year Seniors.

I know this has been discussed before but WOW...

You just can't build sustainable success with so much turnover. If DMac does nothing else but build a roster that is stocked full of 3rd/4th/5th year players, he will have improved the program.

• Upvote 3

I'd guess that those players are:

Will Atterberry

Tevinn Cantley

Coleman Feeley

Aaron Fortenberry

K C Obi

Jeremy Phillips

I believe that this is Daniel Prior's fourth year also but he's injured and being redshirted as a senior so if he comes back he'll show up on next year's list as a redshirt senior. Next year's list won't be terribly lengthy either with something like eleven. But, it will include names like Chancellor and Orr so we need to develop some talent fast.

• Upvote 1

I'd guess that those players are:

Will Atterberry

Tevinn Cantley

Coleman Feeley

Aaron Fortenberry

K C Obi

Jeremy Phillips

I believe that this is Daniel Prior's fourth year also but he's injured and being redshirted as a senior so if he comes back he'll show up on next year's list as a redshirt senior. Next year's list won't be terribly lengthy either with something like eleven. But, it will include names like Chancellor and Orr so we need to develop some talent fast.

Thanks to all of those players that have stuck it out, we could use 85 guys with character like that.

• Upvote 5

Eric capper just tweeted saying that there are only 6 players who have been in the Mean Green football program for at least 4 years. 4 5th year Seniors and 2 4th year Seniors.

I know this has been discussed before but WOW...

Thanks for the post. +1 The last thing you expect out of young players is consistency.

To his credit McCarney has resisted the easy "fix" and is weathering the storm. It should pay dividends in the next couple of years.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the post. +1 The last thing you expect out of young players is consistency.

To his credit McCarney has resisted the easy "fix" and is weathering the storm. It should pay dividends in the next couple of years.

By the way...just want to point out here that your Avatar is phony! Phony I say...one cannot be a "casual fan" and be on this board. Don't you know that everyone on here is a crazed Mean green Kool-Aid Drinking zombie????? That's one of the requirements for being on this board in the first place...heck...no "casual fans" need apply!

And, BTW...good post...+1 for you "caual fan"...NOT! :thumbsu:

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

By the way...just want to point out here that your Avatar is phony! Phony I say...one cannot be a "casual fan" and be on this board. Don't you know that everyone on here is a crazed Mean green Kool-Aid Drinking zombie????? That's one of the requirements for being on this board in the first place...heck...no "casual fans" need apply!

And, BTW...good post...+1 for you "caual fan"...NOT! :thumbsu:

Thank you for clairifying your acceptance of "casual fans" to the Mean Green fanbase. It helps explain some of the reasons why there are so many empty seats.

We talked some other "casual fans" into driving up for the S. Alabama game. They asked if we might consider going to the TCU-K.St. game instead.

Thanks for your input as it will be duly noted and taken into consideration when we make our decision.

And, BTW...there is an "s" in "casual fan."

• Upvote 3

Thank you for clairifying your acceptance of "casual fans" to the Mean Green fanbase. It helps explain some of the reasons why there are so many empty seats.

We talked some other "casual fans" into driving up for the S. Alabama game. They asked if we might consider going to the TCU-K.St. game instead.

Thanks for your input as it will be duly noted and taken into consideration when we make our decision.

Think he was joking with you.

Just sayin...

• Upvote 2

Are you kidding me? Please tell me you are kidding me....first...note I got the "s" in the fist two "casuals"...so sorry fr this obvious breech of composure...Geeeezzzzz...and secondly, do you have absolutely ZERO sense of humor? You will note I gave you a plus 1 and a thumbs up happy face as well to, hopefully, show the humor in my post!

Geeezzzzz...really sorry to have offended you with my attempt at humor and an attempt to give you some props.

Amazing...simply amazing. The point was a jab at everyone on this board and that folks on this board are usually not "casual fans"......thought you would get the irony of a "casual fan" avatar while posting fairly often on a fan site message board. Lots of folks have had some fun with various avatars and the irony of such on this board from time to time. You have my sincere apologies for having a bit of fun with what I perceive to be a bit of irony in your avatar.

BTW...did I get the "s" in casual OK this time? WOW!

• Upvote 2

KRAM1 I'm just messing with you. I'm excited about having some friends and family up to see Apogee. I also want to walk across the new bridge as I haven't yet. Even though I graduated from NTSU, I chose the name " casual fan" as a way to put an outsider's view into the often overheated mix.

Trust me, I'm still with you. Go Mean Green!!!

KRAM1 I'm just messing with you. I'm excited about having some friends and family up to see Apogee. I also want to walk across the new bridge as I haven't yet. Even though I graduated from NTSU, I chose the name " casual fan" as a way to put an outsider's view into the often overheated mix.

Trust me, I'm still with you. Go Mean Green!!!

entourage-hug-it-out.jpg