DRC: Loss of Chancellor leaves huge void for UNT

Brett Vito

Rotate Jimmerson in the slot when he's not in the backfield.

I recommend Brown.

From Wednesday's UNT Notebook...

"Case to be honorary captain

UNT Hall of Fame member Jordan Case will serve as the Mean Green’s honorary captain against ASU.

Case threw for 2,608 yards in two seasons as UNT’s starter from 1978-79 and guided the Mean Green to a 9-2 record in 1978. UNT posted wins over Oklahoma State, Southern Miss and Memphis with Case as its starter.

“He’s in the Hall of Fame and is a tremendous guy who was a tremendous player,” McCarney said. “I’ve gotten to know him really well in the short time that I’ve been here at North Texas. He’s a winner through and through. His resume is pretty darn strong if you look back at what he accomplished when he was here and the victories that he had, the records that he set and the wins he engineered as the starting quarterback.”

Case is a longtime UNT booster and was the chairman of the volunteer committee that raised private donations for Apogee Stadium, UNT’s football venue that opened last season."

YES! :thumbsu:

For those of you too young to remember him, Jordan Case was one of the (IMHO) best all-time QB's in NT history. For recent fans, think of Scoot Hall with a mustache......and a better touch on the ball.

Here he is at NT.

jordancase.jpg

...and as a pro with Ottowa

Jordan-Case-Ottawa-Rough-Riders-15.jpg

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1