Announced Attendance at MUTS--14,102

Mean Green 93-98

I was there on on the other side looking across to the student side...it had about as many as you see here in the photo...maybe 2-300 more. Pitiful...absolutely pitiful attendance on a day when it was cold and a tad windy, but dry!

Honestly, that looks like a high school stadium in Texas ... except not as new. We really are blessed with Apogee. We take a back seat to no one.

Amen brotha. Considering our ESPN game was on a tuesday, it makes the attendance on both sides of our stadium all the more impressive to me.

• Upvote 1

OK, the word "attendance" is a misnomer. It also (often) includes the number of tickets sold. I dare say that it is used by most of the lower half of the FBS. In fact, I believe that everyone does it. I know that North Texas has done a similar thing. Does anyone believe that there were more at the ULM game in 2011 than there were at the Louisiana game this year? Maybe we'll save our 'no shows' and use them all for the last game.

• Upvote 1

OK, the word "attendance" is a misnomer. It also (often) includes the number of tickets sold. I dare say that it is used by most of the lower half of the FBS. In fact, I believe that everyone does it. I know that North Texas has done a similar thing. Does anyone believe that there were more at the ULM game in 2011 than there were at the Louisiana game this year? Maybe we'll save our 'no shows' and use them all for the last game.

We do it all the time, but we're not consistent about it which makes me scratch my head. The FAU and MUTS games last year were ridiculous. There's no way we were 10K.

Everyone in the Belt but currently ULL has attendance problems and my guess their's is also overstated and won't last unless they quickly return to winning.

Was at the MTSU game, my trip of the year; had a great time in Nashville but the game was a different story. I think my NT long trip record is about 1-20 and most like this game were not even close.

I doubt there were 4,000 actually there despite their black out and Veteran appreciation day. In all fairness it was an awful day. It may have been dry but it was cold and dreary. Their band 350 strong according to their announcer dwarfed the rest of the student crowd. Unlike the NT/ULL game were many left early there was never a audience.

I hope NT's last two games are going to be good weather were there is a chance of at least a 5 digit crowd.

Their stadium is a lot closer to Fouts than Apogee but NT fans definitely should not be stadium snobs.

Everyone in the Belt but currently ULL has attendance problems and my guess their's is also overstated and won't last unless they quickly return to winning.

Was at the MTSU game, my trip of the year; had a great time in Nashville but the game was a different story. I think my NT long trip record is about 1-20 and most like this game were not even close.

I doubt there were 4,000 actually there despite their black out and Veteran appreciation day. In all fairness it was an awful day. It may have been dry but it was cold and dreary. Their band 350 strong according to their announcer dwarfed the rest of the student crowd. Unlike the NT/ULL game were many left early there was never a audience.

I hope NT's last two games are going to be good weather were there is a chance of at least a 5 digit crowd.

Their stadium is a lot closer to Fouts than Apogee but NT fans definitely should not be stadium snobs.

You can add Arky State to that. They're averaging 24K in spite of no other metropolitan area in the state nearby. The Red Wolves used to have attendance problems but a few winning seasons seems to have corrected that. I hope that it works for us.

You can add Arky State to that. They're averaging 24K in spite of no other metropolitan area in the state nearby. The Red Wolves used to have attendance problems but a few winning seasons seems to have corrected that. I hope that it works for us.

And when are these "winning seasons" coming? I'm really tired of excuses and rah rahs before the start of the season only to see ill prepared, undersized teams that seem beaten before they step on the field. The MTSU game was among the most pitiful in our football history. No wonder we got a lot of players hurt as we seemed dazed and confused at the start much like at Houston a few weeks before.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Chance of a 5 digit crowd? Come on, the only time we've had completely terrible attendance at Apogee was the disgusting weather MUTS game. The FAU game was rough, but the attendance probably pretty accurate for that game. Also bad weather + the Rangers. Students will show up no matter what. And this is homecoming.

Edited by meangreener

Chance of a 5 digit crowd? Come on, the only time we've had completely terrible attendance at Apogee was the disgusting weather MUTS game. The FAU game was rough, but the attendance probably pretty accurate for that game. Also bad weather + the Rangers. Students will show up no matter what. And this is homecoming.

I agree. I think we've had a pretty consistent fan base. The question the past years seems to be whether or not we can hit 20,000 mark, not the 10,000 mark.

Saturday is homecoming and with good weather NT should have a crowd close to the average. I hope the students show up no matter but that certainly has not been true in any other year.